Brookins & Rucker

SDGopherFan

Reaction score
Anyone know much about these two from MN. are they both scholly worthy, I can't remember the last time MN produced two D1 DB in the same year, hopefully these two can become gophs.

Brookins is legitimately fast and is a no-brainer offer. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't been extended one already. Perhaps they are waiting until Junior Day and want to do it there? He will be at minimum a Top 5 recruit in the state and probably Top 2 or 3.

Rucker is also very good and will probably get a Minnesota offer as well. I'd say he'll end up in the lower half of the Top 10 in the state and has a good chance to end up a Gopher. He is a little bigger and more physical than Brookins, but also not as fast. He will probably end up at S, while Brookins will be a corner.

Minnesota high schools produced two Division 1 defensive backs in 2012 - Nick Rallis and Tavaughn Blair. They also did in 2011 - Grayson Levine and Alex Meier.

The 2011 class also had James Farrow at Va Tech.

As Dpo has said, Brookins is fast but he isn't huge. He'll get an offer (probably). I can't remember a HS player in MN who was this fast (who was on people's radar getting recruited). I'm not entirely sold that he won't be a WR.

I don't know much about Rucker other than his name. Cooper kid right?

Rucker is legit. Sounds like OK St and Nebraska are just a couple of the schools that are currently talking to him. He feels both could offer soon. He is going to Wiscy Jr Day this weekend and has been invited to a bunch of others. With MN not having a deep 2013 class I have to imagine both Rucker and Brookins will be top 3 recruits for this year? Top 5 if there are a couple that come out of no where.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPVCdGWtb80

Thanks for sharing that Sonny...

He looks like a pretty talented kid. Tall and fast. I'll have to make sure to check out Cooper next season. It's kind of a strange year next year in that some of the bigger names aren't at the power houses, with Tartan (Brookins), Cooper (Rucker), and Humboldt (Flowers).

It's kind of a strange year next year in that some of the bigger names aren't at the power houses, with Tartan (Brookins), Cooper (Rucker), and Humboldt (Flowers).

I'm sure some undeserving Cretin and EP kids will get a lot of hype. They'll get so much hype that their names will be listed in a Rivals database somewhere that no one cares about except hardcore recruitniks.

Thanks for sharing that Sonny...

He looks like a pretty talented kid. Tall and fast. I'll have to make sure to check out Cooper next season. It's kind of a strange year next year in that some of the bigger names aren't at the power houses, with Tartan (Brookins), Cooper (Rucker), and Humboldt (Flowers).

Bob-
You seem to reference the Flowers kid from StP Humboldt quite often. Could you offer a bit more insight on him? From what I have gathered, he is kind of freakish athletically, but has no resources behind him. Does this seem accurate? Is he a Hageman 2.0 from an athletic/strength standpoint?

Thanks

Ukee Dozier and Tellis Redmon both coach at Cooper so that should help.

Bob-
You seem to reference the Flowers kid from StP Humboldt quite often. Could you offer a bit more insight on him? From what I have gathered, he is kind of freakish athletically, but has no resources behind him. Does this seem accurate? Is he a Hageman 2.0 from an athletic/strength standpoint?

Thanks

I've never seen him play. There has just been a lot of hype surrounding him coming up. He's a big / freakishly athletic DT. He plays basketball and he's like 6'5" - 6'6" 280 lbs. He was all Conf as a SO and a JR but Humboldt is terrible.

He's a bigger guy than Hageman was...he's probably 30-35 lbs larger than Ra'shede as a SR in HS. I doubt he has the athleticism of Hageman either. But i'm really not sure, like I said, I haven't seen him play.

Here are his SO highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkeWJaHj_-4

The 2011 class also had James Farrow at Va Tech.

As Dpo has said, Brookins is fast but he isn't huge. He'll get an offer (probably). I can't remember a HS player in MN who was this fast (who was on people's radar getting recruited). I'm not entirely sold that he won't be a WR.

I don't know much about Rucker other than his name. Cooper kid right?

Malik Rucker Highlights

I would be interested in seeing his junior film. He is obviously a big, athletic kid, but as a sophomore he needed to work a lot on technique. His stance was genuinely bad. That happens a lot with sophomores, however. I am definitely interested in seeing how he has progressed.

Top Bottom