Brock Vereen follows brother's footsteps

I realize these guys put a lot of time and effort to hone their skills for the combine. It makes sense as there is a lot of money on the line. Vereen said he'd be disappointed if he ran anything more than a 4.4 forty? Wow, that is fast.

I knew that Vereen could scoot, but didn't think he was capable of those kind of wheels. Which Gophers on the current roster were faster than Vereen?

FSN: Gophers DB Brock Vereen wants to 'hit' his brother Shane, Patriots RB

Shane, a second-round draft pick out of California in 2011, helped Brock, the University of Minnesota defensive back, prepare for this week's NFL Scouting Combine. The Vereen brothers have talked about the NFL and the expectations, with Brock hoping to get drafted in May.

One thing the two didn't talk about was playing on the same team in the NFL.

"I think the biggest part of me just wants to hit him," Brock Vereen said Sunday at the combine. "I just can't wait until we meet on the field."

http://msn.foxsports.com/north/stor...s-to-hit-his-brother-shane-patriots-rb-022314

Go Gophers!!

I'd love to see a Golden Gopher put a smack down on his Golden Bear of a brother ;-)

I met the parents one time and they seemed like the nicest people. You can tell the Vereen's are a highly intelligent family with a lot of class! Thanks for making them "golden."

Go Gophers!

If he runs in the 4.4's i would be shocked. He didn't play close to that speed.

If he runs in the 4.4's i would be shocked. He didn't play close to that speed.

1st in Bench press is a good start. Hageman and Vereen are showing what Klein's weight program can produce. Would be great for both to represent with Gray and Decker in the NFL.

Damn, unofficial 4.42 for Vereen. Tops in bench, 2nd among safeties for the 40. Combine these numbers with the intangibles that teams love, he could have gotten himself into the middle rounds

Vereen trying to make himself some money at this combine haha. I'm sure he interviews well too, he has to have put himself in good position here.

Wow, that's a really good time and better than I expected from him. He's a great kid and I'd love to see him shoot up draft boards and sneak into the 3rd or 4th round.

Damn, unofficial 4.42 for Vereen. Tops in bench, 2nd among safeties for the 40. Combine these numbers with the intangibles that teams love, he could have gotten himself into the middle rounds

That's an amazingly fast 40 time. Did not expect that.

Looks like it ended up at a 4.47 official, still 2nd best among safeties.

How awesome would it be if Vereen and Hageman went to the same team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom