Brock named a NFL Combine Winner

Good for him, he is representing MN well with his all around attitude.

Good to hear, he improved a lot from his freshmen year. It just goes to show that hard work pays off.

A very good player. I always thought he was a bit miscast as a CB, especially in a press corner system, but I think he's got a great future in the NFL at S. Great athlete who really plays hard (and smart) and has played hurt. He's just a darn good football player.

"One evaluator called him "all business" and "completely prepared" in a team meeting"

An indication of good mentoring by Kill and staff? A great quote to pass to Minnesota recruits.

"One evaluator called him "all business" and "completely prepared" in a team meeting"

An indication of good mentoring by Kill and staff? A great quote to pass to Minnesota recruits.
As much as I like the current staff (a lot especially Coach Sawvel) I think you give this one to Brock and his parents. He was well raised, and led by example the whole time he was here.
I think he is a better player as a result of this staff, but he was always a good person, student, and teammate.

As much as I like the current staff (a lot especially Coach Sawvel) I think you give this one to Brock and his parents. He was well raised, and led by example the whole time he was here.
I think he is a better player as a result of this staff, but he was always a good person, student, and teammate.

A lot probably has to do with his brother helping him out considering he is in the NFL and has been through the process.

A lot probably has to do with his brother helping him out considering he is in the NFL and has been through the process.

If you have ever caught Brock on KFAN he sites his brother as a huge influence for him with this whole process. I really hope Brock does well enough in the NFL to really get his name out there because no matter what the kid has a future in broadcasting. He is very polished on the radio already and if he gets some name recognition could easily see him going the TV route.

Brock comes across as a really well grounded kid with a great family behind him. Hopefully he lands in a good situation and is able to have a nice long NFL career.

i rarely watch the draft but i will be watching where him and shede go... and honestly i think the vikings should draft Brock in the 5th round. i think he could be a sleeper

i rarely watch the draft but i will be watching where him and shede go... and honestly i think the vikings should draft Brock in the 5th round. i think he could be a sleeper

I agree that Brock could be a great pickup for the Vikes in those mid rounds. They definitely need some help in their defensive backfield and a smart versatile guy like Brock can be a huge boost.

Although I'm sure family factors including advice from his brother were huge for Brock I think we should also give a lot of credit to Coach Klein and Coach Pearson. The fact that Brock out-lifted Clowney and was the top DB is amazing IMHO and it can't all be attributed to what he has done in the two months since finishing Gopher Football.

Coach Klein and Coach Pearson are absolute top level and I hope future potential recruits recognise their contribution in getting/keeping Shed and Brock in shape to compete at the next level (Brock in particular - great leader/mental attributes but not quite the natural athletic freak that Hageman is).

Given that a new weight room may be in the pipeline (?) through the fund raising I feel this is massively exciting time to be a Gopher Football fan; combine the physical frames/athletic potential of some of our new recruits with the ability of Klein and Pearson to optimise their strength and conditioning and I genuinely think the days of us being physically unable to compete with some of the bigger schools will be a thing of the past.

GoGophers

A little undersized, but yes, "all business."

If he decides to devout all of his professional attention to football, he'll be very successful

Top Bottom