Brock Annexstad in the Portal

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Went through spring practice but is moving on.

Oregon steals another. Or not.

Best of luck. Thanks for the effort.

Wild guessing he only stayed this spring because he can finish out whatever degree he's on by this semester.

As soon as his brother was gone, I am beyond not shocked to see him also move on. Would not be surprised if he joins him there.

Best of luck to him, hope he gets to play more wherever he ends up next season!

Could be a sign that they actually expect to return punts this fall. Will be interesting to see who is back there on opening night.

It seems he would like to be more than just the designated "fair catcher." I'm sure he has his degree so moving down to do more shouldn't be a problem.
To be fair, the one time he went to return a punt, he muffed it vs wisco..

But he did get a 2 pt conversion, on the belief he'd graduate and move on. Best of luck to him, hope he get some real routes and catches with another team. St Thomas maybe? He'd be a great player for them.

I'm guessing, Bishop or Stapp will be used on punt returns. Good luck to Brick Annexstad.

Good luck to Brock and thank you for being a Gopher. He’s a good athlete and I hope he finds a team he can get playing time on.
Thank you and best of luck Zack and Brock Annexstad!

Zack took a PWO the first season to have scholarships available for Daniel Fa'alele and Curtis Dunlap. That was a very selfless act I will remember. The Annexstad brothers are true Gophers!

I'm sure we will long for Brock after our new punt returner loses a punt next fall. Not a big loss, but I do wish him well.

So if he doesn’t transfer to the same school this makes no sense.
Disagree. Brock was never going to see significant playing time and now his brother who he probably enjoyed being on the same roster as has also moved on to somewhere else.

If he wants to play he needs to drop down a level and find a place where he is likely to see a bigger role in the offense. He doesn't have to follow ZA but I am not surprised that he has decided to transfer.

I'm sure we will long for Brock after our new punt returner loses a punt next fall. Not a big loss, but I do wish him well.
Do you mean we will long for Brock specifically, or just anybody that will let the ball bounce and then wave everyone away? Because really, it was a job anyone could have done last year.

Maybe he goes to Mankato and decides to get more involved in the family farm. Can't imagine him getting a scholarship anywhere. Data on the portal doesn't support it.

Do you mean we will long for Brock specifically, or just anybody that will let the ball bounce and then wave everyone away? Because really, it was a job anyone could have done last year.
Agreed. But that was a failure at the coaching level and not on Brock. It was apparent he was coached to play it overly safe.

Agreed. But that was a failure at the coaching level and not on Brock. It was apparent he was coached to play it overly safe.
There's no way any coach is advising players to not at least fair catch punts. We lost so many yards to Brock letting balls bounce it was crazy.

Now we could blame the coaches for not having a reliable replacement available, but I have a hard time believing he had coaches telling him to let balls bounce and roll another 20 yards.

There's no way any coach is advising players to not at least fair catch punts. We lost so many yards to Brock letting balls bounce it was crazy.

Now we could blame the coaches for not having a reliable replacement available, but I have a hard time believing he had coaches telling him to let balls bounce and roll another 20 yards.
I hope in the first game next year we run back every kickoff and every punt just so we can put this topic to bed..... :)

If Brock was doing it wrong I think they would have given others a shot.

He kept his spot because he was doing exactly what they wanted him doing.

I have no issue with fair catches, but letting a ball hit the ground and losing 20-30 yards is a different story. No coach in their right mind is telling guys not to catch punts.

Top Bottom