Bring on Les Miles!

And... Maryland, who we beat handily, just beat Michigan State by double digits.

We need a coaching change on this team.

As if we couldn't tell from the number of restraining orders filed, this is an extremely undisciplined group of players. The coaches have no control over them.

Let the dreamers believe we can land Les Miles, but we need a newer, firmer hand guiding this team.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Not happening. Dreams shot Genital Ewarts

I wonder if the team would be any different is Kill were still around. Water under the bridge but I feared we would really miss his leadership.

My impression is that Kill is missed as a motivator.

I wonder if the team would be any different is Kill were still around. Water under the bridge but I feared we would really miss his leadership.

My impression is that Kill is missed as a motivator.

And... Maryland, who we beat handily, just beat Michigan State by double digits.

Maryland wasn't exactly the same team with their backup quarterback.

And though we beat them handily the team was up 14 when Winfield intercepted that pass and returned it 82 yards for a touchdown.

Not a close game, but definitely not a blowout

Stop with this! Have we learned nothing from previous coaching hires/changes/searches? We need to see how this entire season turns out. Miles isn't coming here. Neither is Kiffin, dungy, or any current Power 5 school coach.

Stop with this! Have we learned nothing from previous coaching hires/changes/searches? We need to see how this entire season turns out. Miles isn't coming here. Neither is Kiffin, dungy, or any current Power 5 school coach.

Couldn't agree more. What coach would take this job if TC wins 6-8 games and gets fired. Past UMN ADs fired Mason to get Brewster, and canned Tubby to get Pitino (who did not even make the NIT last year). Gophs are beating teams they should beat, and are more than competitive in games against good opponents.

Maryland wasn't exactly the same team with their backup quarterback.

And though we beat them handily the team was up 14 when Winfield intercepted that pass and returned it 82 yards for a touchdown.

Not a close game, but definitely not a blowout

When Kill came in, he developed a disciplined, if not predictable team. They rarely beat themselves. Though they had trouble scoring early in games, the defense could be relied upon to bend but not break. And the staff seemed to make adjustments at half that kept games close, if not winnable. They had, for the first time in a long time, a bit of an identity.

My biggest issue with this season is that this foundation is not being built upon. Whether it's a downgrade in coaching, poor execution, a good bit of our secondary being suspended... I can't put my finger on the identity of this team. And the foundation that was once at least somewhat reliable, is regressing. There doesn't seem to be any "givens" other than two solid running backs that were completely underutilized in our loss against Iowa.

That said, the best we can hope is that Claeys as a fist time coach is learning on the job. And with first year O and D coordinators there is a ton of room for the staff and players to gel. Those that are thinking that there is some miraculous savior out there waiting to take the U of MN head coaching job and help it rise from the ashes... That is about as far fetched of a scenario as there is in college sports.

Michigan St is 2-5 this year with 4 losses to unranked teams.

When Kill came in, he developed a disciplined, if not predictable team. They rarely beat themselves. Though they had trouble scoring early in games, the defense could be relied upon to bend but not break. And the staff seemed to make adjustments at half that kept games close, if not winnable. They had, for the first time in a long time, a bit of an identity.

My biggest issue with this season is that this foundation is not being built upon. Whether it's a downgrade in coaching, poor execution, a good bit of our secondary being suspended... I can't put my finger on the identity of this team. And the foundation that was once at least somewhat reliable, is regressing. There doesn't seem to be any "givens" other than two solid running backs that were completely underutilized in our loss against Iowa.

That said, the best we can hope is that Claeys as a fist time coach is learning on the job. And with first year O and D coordinators there is a ton of room for the staff and players to gel. Those that are thinking that there is some miraculous savior out there waiting to take the U of MN head coaching job and help it rise from the ashes... That is about as far fetched of a scenario as there is in college sports.

Top Bottom