Bring em on

book

Reaction score
PURDUE Wednesday 7:30 Madness time - can not wait!!!

Yes Sir, Mr. book. The BARN should shake at the rafters Wed. versus the Boiler Pussies!

I have very good seats to the game and will be extremely offended if we don't come away with a victory.

It's a game we should have won at Purdue and in turn we deserve to get seriously homered by the officials.

We're going to be seriously back in the NCAA conversation Wednesday.

I have very good seats to the game and will be extremely offended if we don't come away with a victory.

It's a game we should have won at Purdue and in turn we deserve to get seriously homered by the officials.

We're going to be seriously back in the NCAA conversation Wednesday.

Even if we win, the bubble is still no where in sight.

Even if we win, the bubble is still no where in sight.

I disagree with this. IMO, a win and it is in sight, but we are in no way in, I think there would still be 5-10 teams at least between us and the NCAA's, but the bubble is in sight. Purdue is top 5 or so in RPI, a win bumps us into the low 50's...

Lunardi still has UCONN at 16-11 the 4th team out, with the #2 rated schedule in the country...

I'm looking forward to the game. Gophers coming in with a lot of confidence at the Barn, but my Boilers are on quite a streak of their own.

It would be easy to overlook the Gophers with what is basically the conference championship game against Sparty on Sunday, but I think the guys have really matured this year. They'll be focused.

I do think a win would get the Gophers back on the bubble. Beating the #3 team in the country is going to get people's attention.

Purdue is top 5 or so in RPI, a win bumps us into the low 50's...
Remember, RPI is heavily home/away weighted now. I don't think a home win against #8 in RPI will vault you quite that high. Maybe 10 spots or so, but it's late in the season and hard to move.

I don't remember exactly who was pointing this out, but regardless of how poorly we've done this year overall (relative to where we SHOULD be), Big 10 teams that go .500 or better in Big 10 play are always in contention for a spot. Granted our overall record is nothing to brag about, but if we can finish strong (I think 3-1 is achievable, the loss being either against Purdue or Illinois--can't lose both), we're 19-11 (10-8). Pretend that we can pick up a W in the BTT, that puts us at 20 wins, 12 losses (if we only win in the first round). Not saying we're a lock but I think bubble is certainly a fair statement, ESPECIALLY if we get a quality win like Purdue on our resume.

Wednesday will be a blast ... this team has some serious mojo, and will have a chance to end a 10-game losing streak at "The Barn" versus top-five opponents ... their last win at home vs. a top-five team came on 2/12/92 vs. Indiana.

The win against Wisky was huge. Gophs gave themselves an outside chance to get back in the Dance. The win against Indiana was great, but I did expect it. They could have all said f***k it. They're learning to play without Nolen. The last two games were the most urgent I've seen them play this year. Keeping kids from throwing in the towel is no easy task. Maybe it's the outside circumstances, (Bria and the guys shaving their heads for her), but they've been more cohesive the last two games. Getting to more loose balls, long rebounds, etc. I'm excited. Smash the Boilers!

FOT, sorry my man, but the Boilers are in the way. Opportunity is NOW HERE. (I like that)

Now Here

FOT, sorry my man, but the Boilers are in the way. Opportunity is NOW HERE. (I like that)

YES. My last tix of the year are for Purdue Wednesday. My wife and I go to a select handful of games and I picked Purdue because:

1. I like Purdue
2. Purdue is one heck of a team
3. I thought we might be competing for a BT Title
4. I thought we might WIN

Well 3 of the 4 things still hold true but the lads have recovered to a point where the game has serious implications and there is reborn hope they can rise up and beat FOT's lads!!!

I can't wait to get back into Section 201 Wednesday!

:clap::clap::clap:

Top Bottom