Brick Haley to Purdue

mkAz

Reaction score
He didn’t last long.

You literally contribute nothing of substance to this message board.
the-voice-the-voice-gifs.gif

Man coaches go to their connections. He was with Walters at Missouri and I’m sure Walters wanted a veteran.

Rossi should have some clout to obtain som Ed good resumes to review with Fleck.

We can do better.
Put me in this camp. I think PJ can make a much better hire. He’s young in the coaching ranks (GA at Oregon 1 yr and Asst DL coach at Akron 1 yr), but I wonder if Winston DeLattiboudere would be a candidate??? One thing is for sure, the hire needs to be able to connect with kids and recruit.

Put me in this camp. I think PJ can make a much better hire. He’s young in the coaching ranks (GA at Oregon 1 yr and Asst DL coach at Akron 1 yr), but I wonder if Winston DeLattiboudere would be a candidate??? One thing is for sure, the hire needs to be able to connect with kids and recruit.
Hearing Winston is the guy.

I think this is correct:

2017 Bryce Paup
2018 Marcus West
2019 Jim Panagos
2020 Chad Wilt
2021 Wilt
2022 Haley

New guy will be 6th dline coach in 7 years?

Kill's dline coach Phelps is being let go at Miss State by Leach's replacement...had been at WSU with Leach as well. Might have crossed paths with PJ at NIU.

I think this is correct:

2017 Bryce Paup
2018 Marcus West
2019 Jim Panagos
2020 Chad Wilt
2021 Wilt
2022 Haley

It certainly seems like that much turnover at the DL position would be counterproductive. While he’s young, someone like Winston who has some roots at the U should stick around for a while.

Can they, it isn’t like Minnesota is a school known for opening their wallet
How much did Nebraska pay for their defensive coaches the last five years? How did that work out for them?

I think this is correct:

2017 Bryce Paup
2018 Marcus West
2019 Jim Panagos
2020 Chad Wilt
2021 Wilt
2022 Haley

That’s not elite. However, considering our DL play this year we could use a change. No player would like to have turnover in their position coach like this the position coaches are who you spend the vast majority of your time with.

The good news is that other than this class, most of our DL committed (and stayed committed) to the Gophers with Wilt.

Take this with whatever grains of salt you’d like, but this wasn’t a personality fit. It’ll very likely be Winston but PJ is doing his due diligence on other potential candidates who (likely) have more of a track record recruiting.

Winston is that guy though. I think he is the ideal candidate for us. But we’ll see.

Are you Shooter's Birdy? Nice call!

I think this is correct:

2017 Bryce Paup
2018 Marcus West
2019 Jim Panagos
2020 Chad Wilt
2021 Wilt
2022 Haley

That is a lot of turnover at one spot but 2 of the guys (West and Wilt) left for clear promotions. The Paup situation was weird as he was supposedly going to the NFL and then ended up back in college at a smaller school. Panagos and Haley both seem to have made lateral moves in conference for one reason or another.

If Winston is the guy hopefully he comes in a sticks around for a while. Assistant coach turnover is common but this room could use some stability.

It's not like all these guys got fired.

They chose to leave and I would assume for what they deemed better situations for themselves as coaches.

Top Bottom