Brick by Brick: TCU Road Trip

Got an emaill for this this morning! Definitely nice work on there part!

Got an emaill for this this morning! Definitely nice work on there part!

Same here. Definitely thinking about making the trip down to Dallas/Fort Worth for the game and some tailgating fun in Texas.

Anybody know if there are options not to include airfare? I would love to come from San Diego for this and join up for the transport, hotel, and game ticket.

Anybody know if there are options not to include airfare? I would love to come from San Diego for this and join up for the transport, hotel, and game ticket.

Options to not include airfare? Hitchhike.

No idea. Would recommend start with calling the Gopher Ticketing Office and see if you can find out from them if this would be possible for you to do or not. They may or may not have control over how that all plays out on an individual basis (i.e. the package prices they are getting from whatever travel group they are working through may be specific to people booking for all things (i.e. the flight, the hotel, the transport, etc). Again, no idea. Would be best to just call them and not listen to any speculation you are likely to get on here from people who likely don't really know either.

Or...you could come in for the Middle Tenn. State. game, tailgate with us all day, visit your family and friends for the week, and fly out from MSP. Wishful thinking :)

Call Creative Charters. They probably are doing this. I have done just what you want many times becuz I travel from Florida. Just ask for the Land Package.

Thanks Rog! This is great info.
GopherLady, one can only dream of experiencing a Middle Tenn game, but the offer of tailgating with you might make it worth the trip.

Thanks Rog! This is great info.
GopherLady, one can only dream of experiencing a Middle Tenn game, but the offer of tailgating with you might make it worth the trip.

Haha - when I looked at our schedule I realized that may not be the easiest game to sell, lol!

Haha - when I looked at our schedule I realized that may not be the easiest game to sell, lol!

GL, surely you realize that AuEGO4 is a pushover when it comes to Gopher tailgates.

Update for Creative Charters: They are not offering the "Land Only" packages because they don't have enough rooms.
The creative charter trip is also different than the Gopher sports trip. I have the ticket office looking into land only through them and will update when I hear back.
Creative Charter:
http://www.creativecharter.com/gopher_packages/Gopher Football at TCU.htm
Gopher Sports:
https://www.mygophersports.com/onli...dium=email&utm_content=lead&utm_campaign=6914

UPDATE: Gopher Ticket office called back and they will not be offering a "Land Only" Package either. She did say we are able to go to the Sota Social and tailgate though.

Update for Creative Charters: They are not offering the "Land Only" packages because they don't have enough rooms.
The creative charter trip is also different than the Gopher sports trip. I have the ticket office looking into land only through them and will update when I hear back.
Creative Charter:
http://www.creativecharter.com/gopher_packages/Gopher Football at TCU.htm
Gopher Sports:
https://www.mygophersports.com/onli...dium=email&utm_content=lead&utm_campaign=6914

Thanks for posting links to both travel options so far AuEG04!

If one can, they should try and go via the travel package that helps the Gopher Athletic Department the most financially. My guess is that would be the travel package through the mygophersports.com link. Especially if the total cost of the different travel packages is very similar.

If one can, they should try and go via the travel package that helps the Gopher Athletic Department the most financially. My guess is that would be the travel package through the mygophersports.com link. Especially if the total cost of the different travel packages is very similar.

I would agree with this statement Supa. I will first try to go through the Athletic Departments offer.

Sounds good in theory, but CC does an awful lot to support Gopher Fans who like to travel. Much more than the Athletic Dept offers. I could make an argument for supporting them for that reason.

Another reason to go......TCU's dance line dresses in purple replicas of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader uniforms. I went to the Oregon State vs TCU opener at Jerry's World a few years back and have never seen so many beautiful young ladies. The concensus was if it was possible to go back in time and redo the college experience, TCU would be on the list for that reason. Fans were very friendly. but be prepared for some oppressive heat. Guys, don't forget your mirror sunglasses LOL.

Top Bottom