Brian Kelly "very interested" in playing the Gophers

Playing Notre Dame would only help recruiting. Anyone who thinks that it will have any effect on MN kids choosing ND over MN is crazy. People oversell recruiting.

If you are getting an offer from ND the chances are majority of the other big time programs are knocking on your door. Outside of Hageman what big recruit has chose to stay at the MN in the last 10 years. The issue with recruiting local kids is not enough blue chip product in this state. So as fans we hold out hope the big star will stay home and it usually doesn't happen.

This program needs a group of these blue chips in consecutive years to stay home and then live up to the recruiting hype to help jump start this program.

Playing Notre Dame would only help recruiting. Anyone who thinks that it will have any effect on MN kids choosing ND over MN is crazy. People oversell recruiting.

How many MN kids have cohsen Minnesota over ND in the last 10 years? To my knowledge 0. How many have gone to ND after having a MN offer? I dunno- Laws, Carlson, Floyd- must be two or three others.

Play Notre Dame and you will be on national tv with a large audience. Best of all they are far more beatable than any other helmet school. Play and beat ND and maybe the Mike Floyd's rethink their decisions.

Choosing not to play ND would be a huge mistake and an oppurtunity lost.

How many MN kids have cohsen Minnesota over ND in the last 10 years? To my knowledge 0. How many have gone to ND after having a MN offer? I dunno- Laws, Carlson, Floyd- must be two or three others.

Matt Carufel jumps to mind. Initially left for ND but then came back.

The logic of some people. We haven't played Notre Dame in most posters lifetimes, and they consistently take our top recruits, and you're worried about playing them now because it might aid their recruiting? I can't think of a minnesota kid in the last 20 years that had a ND offer that stayed home.

Section2,

1. You are spot on!

Top Bottom