Brewster's record

gopher7

Reaction score
If the Gophers go 0-8 in the Big Ten this year, Brewster will have a lower conference winning percentage than Jim Wacker (He would be 6-26). Going 1-7 he will pass him up.

So will Weber. He would be the losingest Big Ten QB of all time. I'm so proud of him!

I'm so embarrassed. Utterly embarrassed. He had better be gone soon. Real soon.

I am just mad at Brewster and his ineptness. I really do not want to see him and his stupid looks on the sideline anymore. I am tired of his used car salesman bs, his stupid play calling and his dumba$$ comments in the post game news conference. I just want him gone now. I do not care who coaches the team because it can not get any worse.

I am just mad at Brewster and his ineptness. I really do not want to see him and his stupid looks on the sideline anymore. I am tired of his used car salesman bs, his stupid play calling and his dumba$$ comments in the post game news conference. I just want him gone now. I do not care who coaches the team because it can not get any worse.

This.

He is just WAAAYYYY too conservative. The gophers are simply not a good enough team to sit back and try to win this way, yet. Be smart in your playcalling, but don't be so damn predictable.

Gameplan didn't look so bad to me.
The gameplan was solid. The Gophers ran the ball well, especially off tackle. They had some very good play calling as well (the halfback pass and the bootleg on 4th down), but they failed to move the ball and kill clock after Northwestern scored to make it a two point game and the run after the 4th down conversion which got stuff and wasted 30 seconds was brutal (B-R-U-T-A-L). Overall the gameplan was successful, it just came down to a few critical moments in the game and the Gophers failed to get it done.

This.

He is just WAAAYYYY too conservative. The gophers are simply not a good enough team to sit back and try to win this way, yet. Be smart in your playcalling, but don't be so damn predictable.

What about the play action pass to Eric Lair for a long gain? The play action pass across the field to Bennett for the TD? The 4th down QB run around the end? The half back pass for the TD? I thought we opened up the offense pretty good today.

The couple of runs on the last drive were bad though. Very bad.

What about the play action pass to Eric Lair for a long gain? The play action pass across the field to Bennett for the TD? The 4th down QB run around the end? The half back pass for the TD? I thought we opened up the offense pretty good today.

The Gameplan was working but it sputtered at the wrong times. We only scored 7 points in the 2nd Half...

It's true. Today we looked pretty good on offense. I am talking about all year. In our three previous losses, a few plays like this could have made a difference. I refuse to believe that with a better gameplan we would have still lost against NIU and SD.

I really do not think this team is as bad as they have played. Poor game planning, play calling, preparation, and all around game management. All signs point to bad coaching.

The Gameplan was working but it sputtered at the wrong times. We only scored 7 points in the 2nd Half...

We opened things up though, had some creative play-calling. It wasn't conservative at all. That was the point I was trying to make.

We opened things up though, had some creative play-calling. It wasn't conservative at all. That was the point I was trying to make.

You would be correct. I liked the playcalling this week better then previous games this season. That last drive was full of "WTF" moments though...

It's true. Today we looked pretty good on offense. I am talking about all year. In our three previous losses, a few plays like this could have made a difference. I refuse to believe that with a better gameplan we would have still lost against NIU and SD.

I really do not think this team is as bad as they have played. Poor game planning, play calling, preparation, and all around game management. All signs point to bad coaching.

Don't forget poor execution. I'm not making excuses for the coaches because they deserve a lot of the blame, but they're not the one's on defense missing the open field tackles, for example. On some of the plays, we had Persa right where we wanted, guys just didn't make the play. On the last TD they scored, it was a great play call. Everyone was in position, great coverage, tons of pressure on the QB, Collado just didn't make the play. Everyone deserves blame, not just the coaches.

You would be correct. I liked the playcalling this week better then previous games this season. That last drive was full of "WTF" moments though...

One of the few times you and I agree, thailleagle. That was very disappointing.

I'm finding our defense to be much more frustrating than Adam Weber or any other aspect of our team beyond the overall coaching, especially our continuing inability to get a stop on 3rd and long plays. That is SO fricken frustrating it makes me feel like banging my head against a wall. It just sucks the air right out of a team, and it's been one of our hallmarks as a team going back years and years and years

Don't forget poor execution. I'm not making excuses for the coaches because they deserve a lot of the blame, but they're not the one's on defense missing the open field tackles, for example. On some of the plays, we had Persa right where we wanted, guys just didn't make the play. On the last TD they scored, it was a great play call. Everyone was in position, great coverage, tons of pressure on the QB, Collado just didn't make the play. Everyone deserves blame, not just the coaches.

Yeah. I can agree with this.

Playcalling has taken a huge step forward, IMO. The QB play action bootleg was probably my favorite call all day. Either that or the HB pass to Lair. Both were the best possible plays called all day long. That last drive looked so damn promising with the exception of Web's inconsistency.

If you ask me, execution is the biggest blame for today's loss.

Some small steps appear to have been taken forward, but this is basically the same situation against USC.

The players got up to play them, just like they got up to play Northwestern in the Big Ten opener.

Then the next week against Northern Illinois we looked like crap again.

So if my observations are correct we have two Gopher teams. One that could probably finish with three wins in the Big 10 and should have beat South Dakota and Northern Illinois. The other team will probably not win another game in all realistic implications.

I feel we will see more of the latter option. But fear not, if I am right that simply means Brewster's job is done and we can get a real head coach in. I just feel bad for those players, especially the seniors.

One of the few times you and I agree, thailleagle. That was very disappointing.

I find that I agree with Thaill a lot. I think his take on the Gophers has been pretty spot on. Or maybe it is just because we share the same view about the Gophers, which is - they are bad and Brewster needs to go.

I find that I agree with Thaill a lot. I think his take on the Gophers has been pretty spot on. Or maybe it is just because we share the same view about the Gophers, which is - they are bad and Brewster needs to go.

While this is correct you know it is never that easy. If it was there wouldn't be as much fodder for these boards to discuss haha.

The play calling the 1st half was much better, however the 2nd we became more predictable, running then having to pass, didn't keep them as off balance as we did in the 1st half. However, I hate to beat a dead horse, but as many big numbers as Weber put up, he missed alot of open receivers, and threw high too many times. Also on the 1st TD to Lair, the pass was terrible, if he hadn't been so wide open no TD. Lair had to stop and wait and still catch it at his knees. Webers numbers look good but if you watched the game he still is not a good QB. Cosgrove is doing to our D just what he did to Neb. Most HS kids tackle better!!

Minnesota fans seem to really deride three athletes who are loyal, work hard, are coachable. Weber, Hoffarber, and Punto.

Punto will give you a good shaving cream pie in the face.

Brew needs more time. He has a young defense. Plus, you can't win at Minnesota. Sid is right.

Was the last two minutes more on the job training. I don't remember if the Gophers have ever been in that situation with Brewster.

Could it possibly be 6 wins in four seasons under Brewster. If that happens I would hope he would just resign.

Top Bottom