Brewster & Son

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
Maybe it was a good for Clint to transfer. See Woody Paige's comments about the Hawkins' situation at Colorado:

"Having seen him up close, now, for years, I'd tend to say he's an "or what." I think that as a father, he did the right thing to bring his son to Boulder. I think as a coach, he did a terrible thing for himself, his son and the program. That's for starters.

Father-son quarterback situations in college football rarely happen, and when they do, rarely work. Cody should have gone where his father wasn't the coach. Cody is not a high-quality Big 12 (or whatever conference CU is in today) quarterback.

He's a brilliant young quarterback, but he's too short, too slow, and he doesn't have a great arm. I know his presence kept high school quarterbacks from coming to CU. Would you have if you knew the coach's son was going to be there for years?"

Maybe it was a good for Clint to transfer. See Woody Paige's comments about the Hawkins' situation at Colorado:

"Having seen him up close, now, for years, I'd tend to say he's an "or what." I think that as a father, he did the right thing to bring his son to Boulder. I think as a coach, he did a terrible thing for himself, his son and the program. That's for starters.

Father-son quarterback situations in college football rarely happen, and when they do, rarely work. Cody should have gone where his father wasn't the coach. Cody is not a high-quality Big 12 (or whatever conference CU is in today) quarterback.

He's a brilliant young quarterback, but he's too short, too slow, and he doesn't have a great arm. I know his presence kept high school quarterbacks from coming to CU. Would you have if you knew the coach's son was going to be there for years?"

Just ask Tubby & Saul how difficult a father-son combination can be in a major college sports environment. Many Kentucky fans didn't believe Saul was good enough to play for UK and thought Tubby was showing favoritism everytime Saul touched the ball. I, for one, was glad that neither Clint nor Nolan Brewster decided to play for the Gophers with their father as coach. Can you imagine how much more rhetoric there would be anytime Coach Brew played one of his sons over a "perceived" better player or recruit?

look at Lucia... whether you think the son was good enough or not, there is a "tremendous" amount of pressure on both parties and there will be claims of favoritism or unfavoritism all the time...

Top Bottom