Brewster press conference: Decker out for regular season and other tid-bits

Sort of, though in the first half Weber would have been something on the order of 12 for 15 if they catch the drops and it probably does effect the score if not the outcome of the game. The receivers seem to be a mature lot. I don't think that offended them. I was surprised they didn't go to Gray when everything seemed to be falling apart. I will admit that I found it odd that after Weber completed two passes and seem to have found a rhythm in came Gray. No matter.

I do think your right about Weber needing to be replaced (unless he catches fire in the game) on Saturday night. I would venture to guess that the plan is already in place to stay with "the hot hand" Saturday night, no pun intended.;)

If this IS the plan I don't see where disparaging Weber in public does anybody any good.

I agree.......

I think thailleagle may be on the right track here but I'll take this in a different direction. I've seen this in other programs as well as here with the Gophers...when the QB is struggling, it's very common for the coach to coddle him a bit....to treat him with kid gloves just a bit. The theory is that if the QB's confidence is at all shaky, coming down on him during a press conference won't do anything to help the situation. Instead if coaches are soft on the QB, it's often a very strong sign that the coach feels the need to protect the kid for fear of breaking him down completely. Based on his recent performance I think it's safe to say that Brewster is probably doing the right thing by not being the straw that breaks his QB's back.

Brewster press con

Does anyone know of any D1 schools that have had so many coaching changes and 3 offensive schemes in 4 years? I would like to see how their programs were going after that many changes. I don't think WI has changed their offense in 10 years.

I read the whole quote but the fact still remains.......

He could've easily just stated the entire Offense struggled but he states they didn't support Weber enough as if he didn't make any mistakes at all, that's what is unfair to me. How would you feel as a receiver that had some open looks but the ball fell 5 yards short on you several times being told you didn't do a good enough job of supporting Weber? You have to at least see what I'm saying.......

2,415 posts and still a troll

2,415 posts and still a troll

Not sure he's trolling in this case. Sounds like he just has a philosophical difference with the way Brewster is presenting the situation.

He's actually been pretty acceptable these last two days. I'll be the first to admit that, usually, he's one of the suckier posters on here, but his threads yesterday and today have been comparatively thoughtful.

So if you were the "Team" how would you feel about this statement? It CLEARLY separates Weber from the rest of the Team, that's what's unfair about it.......

You can't possible really feel that way. You are just trying to rile everyone up...AGAIN. Really, you are nothing but a troll.

You can't possible really feel that way. You are just trying to rile everyone up...AGAIN. Really, you are nothing but a troll.

You haven't even been on this board that long and I didn't even post in the off-season and have been posting optimistically up until the last game so whatever you THINK you know you don't........

I think people like you just need a scapegoat and you refuse to put it on the team so you put it on the fans.......

Quit being a Hawkeye.......

Are you by chance TD Anders on Rivals?

Who are you SUPPOSED to be? How about you start adding to the discussions instead of focusing on individual posters you're wasting your time trying to find something that isn't there, lol........

You haven't even been on this board that long and I didn't even post in the off-season and have been posting optimistically up until the last game so whatever you THINK you know you don't........

I think people like you just need a scapegoat and you refuse to put it on the team so you put it on the fans.......

Quit being a Hawkeye.......

A scapegoat for what? I'm not upset at this season at all. A little disappointed and frustrated, but I wasn't thinking New Year's bowl. I can see the vision that Brewster has for this team, and I think it's possible. I don't see the point in the constant jumping the gun that you and others do about what you KNOW is going to happen and what Brew is or isn't capable of. And the picking through of every word Brewster utters, even off handed comments, and going on and on about how he should have phrased it this way, and the constant second guessing every little decision. Does anyone ever say anymore, "I don't know, I guess I'll have to wait and see how it turns out." ?????

Who are you SUPPOSED to be? How about you start adding to the discussions instead of focusing on individual posters you're wasting your time trying to find something that isn't there, lol........

I'm asking you if you are a Rivals poster, and if your handle is TD Anders. Simple enough question. Yes or No.

Brewster needs to be more like Herb Brooks, less like Jim Wacker. Sometimes flying garbage cans get more done than slaps on the back.

A scapegoat for what? I'm not upset at this season at all. A little disappointed and frustrated, but I wasn't thinking New Year's bowl. I can see the vision that Brewster has for this team, and I think it's possible. I don't see the point in the constant jumping the gun that you and others do about what you KNOW is going to happen and what Brew is or isn't capable of. And the picking through of every word Brewster utters, even off handed comments, and going on and on about how he should have phrased it this way, and the constant second guessing every little decision. Does anyone ever say anymore, "I don't know, I guess I'll have to wait and see how it turns out." ?????

Stop It

lol...must have hit it pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up like that!

T likes to agitate..."stir-the-pot"...get GHers foaming...angry if possible...that's his deal. If one can sort through all that negativity, some of his posts make a good deal of sense, but he does tend to undermine his own credibility daily by some of his compulsive trolling obsessions.

Personally, I view T as a provocative element of the colorful GH fabric...as long as he doesn't play with matches and attempt to burn down the house.

T likes to agitate..."stir-the-pot"...get GHers foaming...angry if possible...that's his deal. If one can sort through all that negativity, some of his posts make a good deal of sense, but he does tend to undermine his own credibility daily by some of his compulsive trolling obsessions.

Personally, I view T as a provocative element of the colorful GH fabric...as long as he doesn't play with matches and attempt to burn down the house.

Yeah, he's kind of like that creepy cousin that every family seems to have. You know, the one who pulls the legs off spiders and dresses in tunic, hose and pointy shoes, pretending he's a 14th level elf mage? No one really likes to be around him and certainly never discusses him outside of the family; but at the end of the day, he's still a member of your family.

But the thing is I'll say something like "Weber is on his 3rd Interception...we're down 20 points...why is he still in the game?"

And the response will be "Stop trolling, support the team!"

I say "I don't understand how someone as soft as Ralph Spry is starting over our other talent."

Response? "Stop being a troll, Spry is a Junior!"

Next play? FUMBLE...Illinois recovers.......

It's like you can't criticize the team without someone slamming you. Posters on here call eachother *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bags and a$$holes all the time but May God Have Mercy On Your Soul if you criticize the play of the "Team."

It's quite baffling....... :cool:

But the thing is I'll say something like "Weber is on his 3rd Interception...we're down 20 points...why is he still in the game?"

And the response will be "Stop trolling, support the team!"

I say "I don't understand how someone as soft as Ralph Spry is starting over our other talent."

Response? "Stop being a troll, Spry is a Junior!"

Next play? FUMBLE...Illinois recovers.......

It's like you can't criticize the team without someone slamming you. Posters on here call eachother *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bags and a$$holes all the time but May God Have Mercy On Your Soul if you criticize the play of the "Team."

It's quite baffling....... :cool:

In fairness, I don't post on here during games. I'm either at the bar or TCF Bank Stadium, so I can't speak to what is said during the live posts. As to non-live posting on other topics....

I have no problems with criticisms of the team as long as it's reasoned and substantiated with some sort of justification. Like I said, you've been better the last couple of days. Prior to that, you were more of a drive-by criticizer. You'd drop in with ten word posts on every open thread, 90% of which were critical of the team. That sort of stuff is 1) annoying, 2) troll-like, and 3) counterproductive to good debate.

If you want to be taken seriously and not accused of trolling, then keep doing what you've been doing the last couple of days. Avoid the 20-word shots at the team and don't obfuscate like it's your job. My wife is a lawyer, I get enough of that at home. :)

In fairness, I don't post on here during games. I'm either at the bar or TCF Bank Stadium, so I can't speak to what is said during the live posts. As to non-live posting on other topics....

I have no problems with criticisms of the team as long as it's reasoned and substantiated with some sort of justification. Like I said, you've been better the last couple of days. Prior to that, you were more of a drive-by criticizer. You'd drop in with ten word posts on every open thread, 90% of which were critical of the team. That sort of stuff is 1) annoying, 2) troll-like, and 3) counterproductive to good debate.

If you want to be taken seriously and not accused of trolling, then keep doing what you've been doing the last couple of days. Avoid the 20-word shots at the team and don't obfuscate like it's your job. My wife is a lawyer, I get enough of that at home. :)

Thanks Dad.......

Nice description of what's been happening and sage suggestions...maybe T will get it.

Thanks Dad.......

No problem, son....

Seemed like you needed some advice and a few minutes in the time out room after that defensive little tirade you threw about how misunderstood you are on here. Just trying to help you learn to play well with others without throwing tantrums every day.

No problem, son....

Seemed like you needed some advice and a few minutes in the time out room after that defensive little tirade you threw about how misunderstood you are on here. Just trying to help you learn to play well with others without throwing tantrums every day.

lol

Top Bottom