Brewster post game interview

Tully55

Reaction score
Quote Brewster,"The first inaugural Big 12 Championship."
Not only did he have no clue how to be a head coach, he didn't even know what conference he was in.

The whole fox coverage was a joke - play by play and color commentary was poor and Brewster on the sidelines was painful. I did laugh when they asked him about his theory of Wisconsin going for two points late in the game

Not only that, but the other commentator while on the trophy stage calls it the "inaugural Pac...........Big 10 Championship game." What a bunch of nincompoops.

We all agree. Hearing "Coach Brew's" voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Brew was a mess - just like his program. His chili was not hot.

I watched most of the game, but the volume was on low as we were at my wife's uncle's 50th birthday party... So apparently I missed all the gaffs. But I did on many occasions got to hear the fake enthusiasm from Gus Johnson (OMG Fox, really?!) and cringed. He is the absolutely worst play by play guy in the history of televised play by play.

OK, this is a small mistake, but aren't football officals refered to as "referees?" Football games do have an umpire, but not umpires. Yes Brew was painful to listen to.

Anyone have video of his gaffs? I'd love to hear 'em.. lol

He said one brilliant thing...."Mark Dantonio came here to win, guys."

Anyone have video of his gaffs? I'd love to hear 'em.. lol

Not all of them, but when I got home, after reading all the tweets, I had to check to see if Brew really said Big 12 not once (which we caught) but twice, and he did! Here's a little video if you missed it, classic!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LVvKbF15KkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not all of them, but when I got home, after reading all the tweets, I had to check to see if Brew really said Big 12 not once (which we caught) but twice, and he did! Here's a little video if you missed it, classic!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LVvKbF15KkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Embarrassing. How does this happen?!

Love how he dropped two Pasadenas though.. lol

The whole fox coverage was a joke - play by play and color commentary was poor and Brewster on the sidelines was painful. I did laugh when they asked him about his theory of Wisconsin going for two points late in the game

This same crew did the PAC-12 championship game and were even WORSE. Clearly they had received some coaching between the games. The color guy doesn't / can't do much analysis and both the color guy and play by play guy couldn't shut up. Brewster isn't much better as a sideline guy than he was as a coach and I say that as someone who liked him as a person. This is one of the worst announcing crews in college football.

This same crew did the PAC-12 championship game and were even WORSE. Clearly they had received some coaching between the games. The color guy doesn't / can't do much analysis and both the color guy and play by play guy couldn't shut up. Brewster isn't much better as a sideline guy than he was as a coach and I say that as someone who liked him as a person. This is one of the worst announcing crews in college football.

Don't know how many caught the run-up to the kickoff, but Brew did an opening speech like he thought he was the coach of UCLA, talking about how an underdog needs to complete, play all 3 phases, and play hard to achieve an improbable upset. All the while increasing the speed and volume of his words. Between that and Gus constantly referring to him a Coach Brewster was bush-league at best.

As for Gus Johnson, he should stick to basketball. His enthusiasm projects better in a game that has constant action. Hard to sustain excitement when there is a 30 second pause between every "moment"

Embarrassing. How does this happen?!

Love how he dropped two Pasadenas though.. lol

Brewster was in the big 10 for only about 10 minutes of his life and the big 12 for close to an eternity, so I can see why he kept getting the two conferences mixed up. The guy is a clown; it is hard to believe he was our hc after seeing this road show act.

Brewster was in the big 10 for only about 10 minutes of his life and the big 12 for close to an eternity, so I can see why he kept getting the two conferences mixed up.

Brewster was in the Big 12 for four seasons.

He spent parts of four seasons at Minnesota as head coach, two years at Illinois as a player, and a year at Purdue as a grad assistant.

So, he actually is more Big 10 than Big 12, yet he still messes it up.

Brewster was in the Big 12 for four seasons.

He spent parts of four seasons at Minnesota as head coach, two years at Illinois as a player, and a year at Purdue as a grad assistant.

So, he actually is more Big 10 than Big 12, yet he still messes it up.

My bad. That makes it even more inexcusable.

Top Bottom