Brewster is at again!!

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
I heard the last few comments from Coach Brewster on Sports Talk on the way to church. Brewster is talking about recruiting and the abundant talent he has just waiting to see the field and get us on the road to being a championship team.

The guy never gives up and is like the Energizer Bunny constantly talking recruiting, recruiting, recruiting and all the tremendous athletes he has and more coming with the 2010 class. The guy never gives up inspite of some recent questionable performances.

Now all he has to do it transfer all the talent into better players than what we have seen and add in a good dose of coaching along with it.

I'd would rather have that than a bunch of excuses.

I heard the last few comments from Coach Brewster on Sports Talk on the way to church. Brewster is talking about recruiting and the abundant talent he has just waiting to see the field and get us on the road to being a championship team.

The guy never gives up and is like the Energizer Bunny constantly talking recruiting, recruiting, recruiting and all the tremendous athletes he has and more coming with the 2010 class. The guy never gives up inspite of some recent questionable performances.

Now all he has to do it transfer all the talent into better players than what we have seen and add in a good dose of coaching along with it.

I'd would rather have that than a bunch of excuses.

This is what Brew does and what he's really quite good at...that and selling sizzle...the best since Lou Holtz.

Is this a problem? Is optimism such a bad thing?

I think it is admirable that he can continue to speak positively with all the negative talk about his team in the media, from the fans, etc.

I don't see the problem with Brewster talking about the true, positive traits of this program

the only problem I see is that he is full of it! Coach the players you got!!!

What is Brewster thinking with all of his positivity :rolleyes:.

What is Brewster thinking with all of his positivity :rolleyes:.

He is thinking every year I can get them to believe my message of tomorrow and get the focus off the realities of today I can line my pockets with another million dollars.

Precisely the problem

He is selling us "tomorrow" in order to keep his job. This is the exact reason MarQueis is sitting on the bench while Weber throws yet another season into the toilet.

you know who else had five year plans

He is selling us "tomorrow" in order to keep his job. This is the exact reason MarQueis is sitting on the bench while Weber throws yet another season into the toilet.

Reasonable people can disagree about Maturi's strategy, but Brewster was brought in specifically for tomorrow and the day after that (2010-2011 seasons). If he's still talking about potential then, he's obviously blowing smoke. Until then, we're basically at par for the course. (Maybe one over).

If you bring a guy in to recruit, you've got to at least give him until the seniors are his kids, or you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

Yawn.......We can copy and paste this type of response from Brewster after every loss. We've been hearing the same thing for 3 years now, but he's done nothing to back it up. This program has gone no where since Mason's last year. They barely beat a D-IAA team at home on their way to 6-6 and a loss in a bowl game. Sound familiar?

Reasonable people can disagree about Maturi's strategy, but Brewster was brought in specifically for tomorrow and the day after that (2010-2011 seasons). If he's still talking about potential then, he's obviously blowing smoke. Until then, we're basically at par for the course. (Maybe one over).

If you bring a guy in to recruit, you've got to at least give him until the seniors are his kids, or you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

Maturi brought him in to create and maintain the buzz of a new stadium and apathy and diminished attendance is already starting to set in season 1 in the new stadium. He cannot allow this to go on for much longer and let Brewster waste the opportunity he was given with a new stadium.

I was thinking Stalin so I could make the one loss is a tragedy a million losses is a statistic joke.

could gone with jawaharlal nehru too but that's some high concept shiznit mang

He cannot allow this to go on for much longer and let Brewster waste the opportunity he was given with a new stadium.

You're entitled to that belief. Unfortunately, he also can't afford to bring in someone else (and not just because of the monetary cost).

Also, the stadium will still be here when Brewster's gone.

You're entitled to that belief. Unfortunately, he also can't afford to bring in someone else (and not just because of the monetary cost).

Also, the stadium will still be here when Brewster's gone.

of course the stadium will be there but the buzz will have diminished because it is not the shiny new toy anymore. Maturi cannot fire him because of how badly it will look towards him, but Bruininks will be making this decision one way or the other and telling Maturi what to do as he did with Monson and Mason. Maturi does not have the kahunas to make the tough decisions himself and therefore Bruininks has had to do it.

I guess I would rather that Brew say to all of us that the players we have are no good, I am not recruiting worth a $hit, and we have no chance today or in the future to go to a big time bowl game because my players, my coaching staff, and me are no good. We are bound to the bottom of the Big Ten Conference during all of my tenure here. :confused:

I was thinking Stalin so I could make the one loss is a tragedy a million losses is a statistic joke.

could gone with jawaharlal nehru too but that's some high concept shiznit mang

Ya, I thought Stalin first too, but had Hitler on the brain after seeing the parody in the other thread.

Just a quick question. Would the Brew haters lighten up on him if just once he gave a more down to earth interview? Something like this -

Q. How was the game today Coach?
A. We looked like complete horse sh!t. Nothing was tremendous today. Obviously our chili wasn't hot and that's the main problem. We've got some kids coming in but recruiting is only as good as people perceive it to be.

Gophergrad

Yes, I believe they would.

Do you remember when Lou Holtz was here and he would be interviewed after a loss?
Tim Brewster might want to take a look at it and use some of it.

Holtz came across as being dejected, demoralized and would just give an honest
answer about the team's status. You could tell he was taking it pretty hard, and he
might have a funny quip about it. In the end, though he would offer that ray of hope
that things were going to get better and you believed him in the end. What he did was
diffuse the problem and you knew he was going to take care of it. I don't get any of this
with Brewster. The problems we have right now are the same ones we had 2 years ago.

Honestly, I don't want to hear Brewster talk about recruiting anymore. That worked 2 years
as he was supposedly trying to build this football team, but I need to start seeing some improvement on the football field. I know recruiting is important, but instead of worrying about another 3 star recruit from Tallahassee that may or may not pan out, how about Brewster getting someone who can implement and run an offense if he can't do it himself??

Or how about getting someone who can finally get through to the kids
how stupid penalties are killing us game after game and need to stop??
Or maybe, just maybe, we could get someone who can get the players to improve as the season goes on instead of regressing the farther along they get in their careers???

If Brewster could do all of these things, I think he would look like a lot better coach and that
is a lot more important to me than getting the 3 star recruit from Tallahassee!!

P.S. -- I am NOT a Brewster hater, either. I want him to succeed here, but
for the first time I really am starting to doubt that he can get it done.

Yes, I believe they would.

Do you remember when Lou Holtz was here and he would be interviewed after a loss?
Tim Brewster might want to take a look at it and use some of it.

Gold

WE DIDN'T LOSE!

Gold Rush, I am more interested in the 3 star from Tallahassee than wins on the field this season. We need those recruits for the future of the program more than we need W's now

Didn't know that Lou Holtz tid bit. I wasn't born until the year after he left.

And I'm equally interested in W's this year and incoming recruits. Especially because the only wins we have left this year would be against Iowa (orgasm) and in a bowl game. But incoming talent, bigger, faster, better is how we improve this team long term.

haha -- no we didn't lose, but it sure felt like it. This is the worst I have EVER
felt after a win, mostly because after three years it looks like we are just as
bad offensively as we were two years ago!! And it's not just this game - the first
half of the Illinois game looked an awful lot like the whole SDSU game.

Very concerned about this offense.......the defense though actually looks like it
is coming around to something Gopher fans want to see.

And bankonit - you may be right about the recruiting being more important for the
future, but to be honest -- this is three years into the regime and Brewster is
going to need these wins very very soon or he won't even get to see that kid play here.

He is thinking every year I can get them to believe my message of tomorrow and get the focus off the realities of today I can line my pockets with another million dollars.

Brew's message here...my favorite tonic for a bump after a bad loss or ugly win...note the backup will be at the Bank next September!

Brew's message here...my favorite tonic for a bump after a bad loss or ugly win...note the backup will be at the Bank next September!

That is funny stuff, maybe Brewster can get the gopher band members up on stage on their next tour instead of the USC band.

Top Bottom