Brewster - How long?

well, whether you think brew is "taking the program in the wrong direction" or you are a brew "hater"--its all semantics to me

you don't support him and want him to be fired--correct? to me its the same thing

he might have lost some of the fans, but I can tell you from what I have seen, he hasn't lost the locker room, those kids love Brew--and they need to believe that they are going in the right direction--and I think they do

i predicted the gophs would go 7-5 and they still have a chance at that--it hasn't been that bad of a season--not great but I am far from calling for his head--give him a chance

Do we know that those kids love Brew?

If Brewster hasn't taken the Gophers to a New Year's Day Bowl by 2012 (Gray's Senior Year) then he'll be gone. The roster will be purely his players and his most famous recruit will have had a shot at turning the program around. If they can't get the job done we'll get a new coach. It's unlikely we'll get a new one before that.

he might have lost some of the fans, but I can tell you from what I have seen, he hasn't lost the locker room, those kids love Brew--and they need to believe that they are going in the right direction--and I think they do

How do you know that he hasn't lost the players? When thinking about the Gophers having only one November win in three years under Brew (we don't need to re-hash how brutal of a victory it was), is it possible that he has lost the team each season? Lack of late-season success is typically the primary indicator of a coach who loses his team. Can we be sure that isn't happening here?

I think some of you are more loyal to Brewster than the program. That is a big problem. :|

It's too early to fire him, he still has time but so far the results are not translating to the field and there are more negative indicators than positive.

wow ur ridiculous--yeah thats it, I love Brew and could care less about the gophs...its precisely that I do care about the gophs that I want Brew to stay for now...sometimes a coaching change can hurt a program (Rich R at Mich).

The Brew haters must be under the assumption that if we switched coaches we will automatically go to the rose bowl or better--6-6 record isn't horrible--we just need to make sure the program is on the rise.

In your estimation is it possible to not thing Brewster is taking this program in the right direction without being a Brewster hater?

I think there are people on both ends. Some think that if you support Brewster, you're a "Brewster apologist" and don't know what you're talking about.

I still support Brewster and the program, but have been and will be critical of their mistakes. I do not always like the play calling on offense, I do think Gray should have been playing a lot more the past few weeks. The team is not very disciplined and that needs to be improved.

But he also has brought in better recruits/athletes than we've had in a long time. Brewster (along with the stadium) has also brought more excitement to the program but more expectations. Some don't like it, but I personally love the talk about the Rose Bowl. A conference championship should always be one of your top goals, no matter how good or bad you are.

So what does this make me: a Brewster lover or hater? It seems you can only be one or the other.

I love all the big talk from Brewster. That's not my issue with him. My issue is that to date, he has done absolutely nothing that leads me to believe that he will ever come close to achieving anything that he talks about.

I think he'll be fired at the end of this season barring a win over Iowa or a bowl win, neither of which seem likely.

There's virtually no chance of that happening, barring scandal or some big-name coach expressing interest in the job. Sorry...this isn't the Brew supporter talking, it's just the way it is.

I agree with RedPoo, another blowout at Iowa and it will seriously be looked at though. If that happens Brewster will find himself on as short a leash as possible for next season

It's not the record so much as the play. They have not controlled a game all season and could just as easily be 2-9 as 6-5.

2-3 more years...provided there isn't a 3-9 season in there. He is way better than Wacker who got 5 years.

For goodness sakes...he is going to 2 bowl games in a row. They style points aren't there....yet.

Again not waiting 5 years...will make harder if we do need to hire the next HC.

We'll see.

Go Gophers!

GM

Going to 2 bowl games qualifies for more work here? PLEASE!!! Mason got us to bowls and he was canned because those games were not good enough anymore. Now they are again? My we have short memories in MInnesota. Either we want more and demand it, or we settle for what is low end bowl games.

He is way better than Wacker who got 5 years.

If Minnesota loses to Iowa on Saturday, Brew and Wack will have identical Big Ten records in their first 3 years.

6-18

Although to be fair to Wacker, he took over a 2-9 team.

Top Bottom