Brewster and Colorado

Tim Brewster gave an eulogy at Gary Tinsley's funeral. He did it in front of his formal Team and the coaching staff that had replaced him. That took a lot of guts and showed a lot of class.
And he's never said a bad word about the U as far as I know. Good guy it seems.

Brew's downfall was never being unable to settle on a system for how he wanted the team to play leading to a revolving door at the coordinator spots. In short, he had no idea what he was doing and was not ready to be a head coach, especially at the power 5 level.

But any ill will for the Brewster era should be directed at Maturi and the U for going on the cheap and hiring someone who had no business being in the mix for a power 5 head coaching job.
Maturi didn't give him a budget to keep coordinators. With total lack of support from the AD, of course the coaches he hired were looking to move to more stable grounds, and the new ones he brought in to replace them were ones that didn't have many offers anywhere else. Brew was given a situation where it was going to be very difficult to succeed, which is why other coaches that had more experience didn't want to come work for Maturi. Brew took his shot, failed, and took the high road on his way out.

This silly s__t would never fly in the NFL.

So why do these assholes pull this crap in college?? Because they like to control 18-22 year olds, like it’s the Marines??

Hate this crap. Hate gimmicks.

I love how Brew is trying to speak like a kid. “We Here!” vs how he would talk to his wife or colleagues “We’re Here”. I guess in order to fire up a bunch of kids you need to talk like them.

He had us at 7-0 at one point ….. oh well … and he somehow did recruit Marquis Gray to come here - too bad we never found a system for him to operate in - he was a great athlete

It's like a weird combination of Southern preacher and drill instructor.
It's one thing at Colorado.

But imagine this crap at Jackson State??

A bunch of Black kids going "we came to an HBCU ... to listen to some crazy white man barking at us???"

It's like a weird combination of Southern preacher and drill instructor.
It is absolutely cringe worthy. Do you really want this guy talking to your son? This is the influence my kid is getting to go from a boy to a man?
The we gonna break down the front door and take anything and everything we want. Leave em nothing. My kid is going to transition that to respect other people? You can compete, play harder than your opponent, dominate your opponent but do it with respect for your opponent. Feel sorry for them they chose the wrong school. etc
But dang I am not hiring Brewster to represent my school.
The swearing just for the cheap effect to make you think players think you are cool? Making it about you.
Really not anything but disgusting.

Id take Brew back in a second in a assistant role.

Agree.
Wait until the Twitter feed of him giving this speech in Colorado comes out.
Barf.

How does anyone possibly think this motivates a college football player to make a play on the field that he otherwise would not have made??

All the hype and talk in the world goes out the window the moment the ball is snapped.

It's hilarious....I've read a bunch of posts from former players (not necessarily Brew's ) who talk about coaches that do this type of stuff....players leave the meeting and just mock and make fun of them afterwards. :D:D:D

This silly s__t would never fly in the NFL.

So why do these assholes pull this crap in college?? Because they like to control 18-22 year olds, like it’s the Marines??

Hate this crap. Hate gimmicks.
Because it works on 18-22 year olds and doesn't work on grown men.

Because it works on 18-22 year olds and doesn't work on grown men.
This is where I sharply disagree.

Although, probably we're talking about a different "work", here.

Yes, agree that 18-22 year olds in college will actually listen to some crazed white man tell them to "Stand up! Sit down! Stand up! Sit down!" and actually do it. Where as NFL players would, rightly, laugh in his face.

The other "work" I was referring to, was doing all this "motivational" crap and actually thinking it has any iota of an effect on the field.

It becomes increasingly evident that Maturi was a mole, inserted as MN AD by Alvarez to destroy MN athletics from the inside.

This is where I sharply disagree.

Although, probably we're talking about a different "work", here.

Yes, agree that 18-22 year olds in college will actually listen to some crazed white man tell them to "Stand up! Sit down! Stand up! Sit down!" and actually do it. Where as NFL players would, rightly, laugh in his face.

The other "work" I was referring to, was doing all this "motivational" crap and actually thinking it has any iota of an effect on the field.
I don't think it's a coincidence that men aged between 18-22 seem to seek out this kind of direction. The military uses it. Sports use it. Frats use it. Even things like Andrew Tate and Jordan Peterson are tapping into this kind of assertive/motivational stuff. It creates an "us" vs. "them" thing that I think a lot young men seek.

I'm not even saying it's healthy or anything. I just think it does seem to tap into something.

Of course grown men would laugh in their face. Grown men are not the target audience. Young men are the target.

I don't think grown men would repeat Fleckisms either.

It becomes increasingly evident that Maturi was a mole, inserted as MN AD by Alvarez to destroy MN athletics from the inside.
Ha! You think we'd need Barry Alvarez to destroy our athletic department? We could do that on our own.

I went down a Coach Brewster rabbit hole on YouTube. There are some great videos from his time at Jackson State. This one might be my favorite. (Watch until the end, I promise).
Brews accent has changed. “We was talkin’”and “We here muthafuckas”.

But my favorite line, “if ya want some ass, ya gotta bring some”

Top Bottom