Brew won't play Gray

Secondly, quit using the "Weber isn't a B10 QB" argument. He proved the last two years that in the spread, he was one of the better QB's in the conference.

First off, Weber has played horrible during conference play this year & last year minus 1 game. 2nd, whoever called & said Weber & Gray are both Spread QB's must not have known that Mason recruited Weber...and Mason was not a Spread coach.......

First off, when was the last time Gray threw a pass (not including the OSU game since that was mop-up time)? Can anyone remember that? You know everytime that Marqueis comes into the game that he's going to run. You can't call Gray a dual threat if the coaching staff never calls a passing play for him.

Secondly, quit using the "Weber isn't a B10 QB" argument. He proved the last two years that in the spread, he was one of the better QB's in the conference.

If anyone listened to the postgame on KFAN today, a caller stated that both Weber AND Gray are spread QBs. Neither is a pro-style offense QB. Weber usually rolled out when he was at Mounds View and he had the ability to roll out the last two years. The new offense has pulled his ability to run. Those plays aren't in the playbook (Fisch has even stated this fact). Weber has never had an internal clock for playing in the pocket. Brewer agreed with him on all of these points.

You're seeing him take sacks because the warning bells aren't sounding, his inability to run, and the inability to pass block. Throw in the change in throwing motion which has caused a bunch of things to go haywire and you've got a perfect storm.

Would I like to see Gray get some more time? Sure. Do I think he should be starting? No, it's still Adam's job. I know I'm taking the opposing view of a lot of people, but I don't think everything we're seeing is entirely Adam's fault.

Good points here. It was Weber's job and he has been pretty solid the past couple years. The coaching staff has really messed with him and for that, I can kind of feel bad for him. However, the change in schemes and throwing motion shouldn't have had THIS big of an effect on him. Compared to how he played two years ago is like comparing night and day. He is a completely different quarterback and is worse in every aspect of the game. Another possible argument for why everybody should take a very critical look at this coaching staff.

Top Bottom