Brew says Rallis to start at LB

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Brew was on the Sports Huddle today...a few quick tid-bits:

- Brew was emphatic that Rallis will start at LB
- Impressed with Alipate - he won't change positions. Didn't say much about Gray other than they will try to get him on the field in different positions.
- Bryant Allen should be ready for full workouts by June; Royston hopefully by first game.
- Loves the depth and competition on the O-line.

Go Gophers!!

What a shocker! It'd be nice to here more about Gray or the D-Line

He also said

Ryan Wynn is battling for the starting center position with Burris. The fact he is out there battling is great news. Also that Carufel and Wills are being challenged by Orton and Olson. Also said Sam Maresh has had a great spring. Tinsley has turf toe.

I hope this means Rallis is a talented player at lb rather than we have poor depth at the position.

A little insider DLine info....told that Matt Garin is back in the mix. He doesn't take as many reps because the ankle is still on the mend, but we may see him on Saturday. Good for him. Also heard that Brandon K. and D.L. Wilhite are looking hard to stop and KGM has great speed (ex. told that he ran down a receiver on a reverse). Speed on the edge was lacking last year, so this might be a big asset....especially if Hageman and Garin have that speed as well. Will be interesting to see what DL combinations appear on the field for the spring game.

I hope this means Rallis is a talented player at lb rather than we have poor depth at the position.

I truly believe the former to be the case. I saw him play many times in high school (both in person and on film) and always thought he was a dominate linebacker. Fast, plays fluid and downhill, good leverage, etc. I was extremely excited when he decided to walk on and was not surprised in the least when he started contributing from almost day 1. I'm pumped to see him back at what I think is his natural position...

What's your problem?

Folks need to understand that we have banafide playmakers that have been confirmed status NHN (NO HYPE NEEDED): Gray, Watkins, Carter, Edwards and Stoudemire just to name a few. RELAX PEOPLE AND GO CHECK OUT THE SPRING GAME!!!!!!

KGM has great speed (ex. told that he ran down a receiver on a reverse).

Hope I'm not taking too much of a cheap shot...but that wouldn't have been Hayo, would it? Visions of the Badger's DL are dancing in my head...

I truly believe the former to be the case. I saw him play many times in high school (both in person and on film) and always thought he was a dominate linebacker. Fast, plays fluid and downhill, good leverage, etc. I was extremely excited when he decided to walk on and was not surprised in the least when he started contributing from almost day 1. I'm pumped to see him back at what I think is his natural position...

I love that he got the medical redshirt...I was disappointed that he had to be thrown into the fire so quickly his first season rather than get the redshirt (as a walk-on!).

Rallis was one of the better HS football players i've seen in MN the last couple years. He didn't have a position initially coming out of HS, but it doesn't surprise me at all that he was able to bulk up and be a player immedietly.

Hope I'm not taking too much of a cheap shot...but that wouldn't have been Hayo, would it? Visions of the Badger's DL are dancing in my head...

I KNEW SOMEBODY WOULD RAISE THE ALLEGED BADGER GAME RUN DOWN; He was trying to hesitate to find an opening to cut back and did not feel the pursuer was that close. HAYO is faster than that and will impress us this season. He just has to work on going all out even when he feels that the coverage is there to cause the QB to check down. If he looks at the Decker film, Weber throws into coverage often.

Frod0 did the same stuff on the Scout boards for quite awhile before coming over here. He is obsessed and by that I mean, very obsessed with Gray. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a personal shrine back at his house hidden in his closet..

Top Bottom