Brett Carroll commits to the Gophers

Willwin40

Reaction score
Good news! Carroll commits to the Gophers. I think he’ll be a good one. Now all we need is for Mandell to jump into the large boat and the OL is set.

First, welcome aboard Brett! Secondly, I was intrigued of his comments.

I thought very highly of Coach Fleck after meeting him. The media always paints a negative picture of him, and to a certain extent, he still is a little different than most head coaches. But he absolutely knows his football and he wasn't like what I expected from watching Big Ten Network or ESPN."

Purely a message board genius idea but Carroll at center, Sunram/Hinds at guard, and Roy/Mandell (fingers crossed) on the outside would make me a happy OL coach. I also think the value of IOL, specifically center, has been on the rise lately.

I was Olathe today and will take whatever credit you would like to bestow upon me for this commitment.

Looks to be a very solid addition to the class! Welcome!

First, welcome aboard Brett! Secondly, I was intrigued of his comments.

I thought very highly of Coach Fleck after meeting him. The media always paints a negative picture of him, and to a certain extent, he still is a little different than most head coaches. But he absolutely knows his football and he wasn't like what I expected from watching Big Ten Network or ESPN."
Nice that this young man could see through, and not let media bias determine his direction.

Purely a message board genius idea but Carroll at center, Sunram/Hinds at guard, and Roy/Mandell (fingers crossed) on the outside would make me a happy OL coach. I also think the value of IOL, specifically center, has been on the rise lately.
He is already showing signs of good techniques. Callahan will mold him into another Gopher Center.

Based off Sunram's quotes, he's going to start on the DL

I was Olathe today and will take whatever credit you would like to bestow upon me for this commitment.
I'm not a superstitious guy but what I take from it is that you better get to Irondale or wherever Emerson Mandell lives.

I'm not a superstitious guy but what I take from it is that you better get to Irondale or wherever Emerson Mandell lives.
I’ll be in MN August 4-13. Get the Fleck Spotlight GIF ready. 😎

Top Bottom