Brett Bulemia will be in town next weekend

Rosemountian

Reaction score
Speaking at the Glazier coaches clinic. I wonder if he will bring his conversion chart for me to look at?

I am just not of fan of this fellow. I would never recommend him to anybody.

He must be doing some in State recruiting.

I find the hate for him quite humorous. If he were 16-49, 0-5, you would all love the guy.

I just don't know how to spell Beelima. Bielima? Beilima? And don't want to look it up. I don't hate the guy. Solid coach.

he isn't here for recruiting as the primary reason., he is speaking at the coaches clinic. Though I imagine he will do some recruiting while he is in town.

I find the hate for him quite humorous. If he were 16-49, 0-5, you would all love the guy.

Equally humorous that you hang out here just waiting to defend your favorite team.

I don't hate him. I don't like his personality.

I just don't know how to spell Beelima. Bielima? Beilima? And don't want to look it up. I don't hate the guy. Solid coach.

he isn't here for recruiting as the primary reason., he is speaking at the coaches clinic. Though I imagine he will do some recruiting while he is in town.

I spell it D-I-C-K-H-E-A-D.

Good coach, total doouche (apparently the proper spelling of this word is censored here)

Censorship

Good coach, total doouche (apparently the proper spelling of this word is censored here)

You are talking about the spelling of the Wisconsin football coach aren't you? So what is your problem with censoring his name?

brent enema

According to KFAN and some sources from WI the reason Brewster was so upset at handshake was not so much the 2 point conversion attempt but that Belima said something to Brewster about the fact that Brewster would be coaching in the MAC next year. If true it says alot about Belima's maturity level. This is an example of why people can't stand him.

According to KFAN and some sources from WI the reason Brewster was so upset at handshake was not so much the 2 point conversion attempt but that Belima said something to Brewster about the fact that Brewster would be coaching in the MAC next year. If true it says alot about Belima's maturity level. This is an example of why people can't stand him.

If this is true, and coming from KFAN it's highly debatable at best, then it only confirms what we all already knew: Bielema is a complete jackass.

If KFAN is right, what an insult to the MAC, where many good coaches are found.

I believe the quote from Bielema was "good luck coaching in DIII next year".

But Brewster won't be coaching in the MAC this year, will he? Also, it interesting that Brewster STILL hasn't been offered a job to be an offensive or defensive coordinator.

I believe the quote from Bielema was "good luck coaching in DIII next year".

While I agree that, if said, this was a doochy thing to do, color me skeptical for three reasons:

1) Consider the source. I don't know anything about KFAN except what I read here, but many (most?) don't consider it a reliable source.

2) The mechanics of the supposed exchange. The two didn't start off cordially shaking hands and have Brewster break it off in horror as Bielema said something; Timmy was mad from the get go.

3) Brewster's personality. Does anyone think that if Bielema had said something like this, Timmy would keep it to himself? He kept nothing to himself. While he may not have repeated the exact quote, since it reflected poorly on him, he would have said something like "No one should receive insults from an opposing coach after the game." Instead, he focused solely on the two-point conversion with his famous "It was wrong" speech. There is no way Brewster could have kept quiet about a line like that, especially after he was fired.

It strikes me that this was probably some fan saying "It would be just like Bielema to say something like..." and then others added to it and soon it became "fact" on KFAN. A Chairleg anyone?

KFAN rumor is nothing more than that - a rumor. It was clear from the handshake that Brewster was pissed about the 2 pt. conversion. Plus, as he was walking away from BB you could hear him say "that was horsesh!t." Also, as TAW said, had BB actually made the DIII coaching comment, Brewster would have disclosed that during his news conference.

False.

I find it quite humorous that you try to defend the personality of a coach who is widely regarded by fellow coaches and media members as a pompous prick. My relatives who live in Madison are diehard Badger fans but know and accept that their coach is a d-bag. Heck, even Bret himself made it a point this past year as he admitted to trying to change his image, but we all know how that worked out. Maybe its time for you to admit what everyone else already knows.

While I agree that, if said, this was a doochy thing to do, color me skeptical for three reasons:

1) Consider the source. I don't know anything about KFAN except what I read here, but many (most?) don't consider it a reliable source.

2) The mechanics of the supposed exchange. The two didn't start off cordially shaking hands and have Brewster break it off in horror as Bielema said something; Timmy was mad from the get go.

3) Brewster's personality. Does anyone think that if Bielema had said something like this, Timmy would keep it to himself? He kept nothing to himself. While he may not have repeated the exact quote, since it reflected poorly on him, he would have said something like "No one should receive insults from an opposing coach after the game." Instead, he focused solely on the two-point conversion with his famous "It was wrong" speech. There is no way Brewster could have kept quiet about a line like that, especially after he was fired.

It strikes me that this was probably some fan saying "It would be just like Bielema to say something like..." and then others added to it and soon it became "fact" on KFAN. A Chairleg anyone?

I'm not convinced that this rumor is true either and pretty much agree with the analysis above. The chair leg incident is 100% true, though.

lol You guys ripping on KFAN is hilarious. Hey, I get that we don't really care for 'em.. That doesn't mean the rumor they mentioned (yes, they didn't pass it as truth, they passed it as a hearsay rumor from some UW-Madison peeps in-the-know) is false because you don't like them. What I've heard is Enima gave that 'gem' to Brew prior to the handshake. And with the 2-pt attempt, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

In summary.. I get the KFAN hate, and I'm ok with it. But just because you hate a source of information doesn't make it suddenly inaccurate in information (of which, in this case, was always started off as a rumor).

Good (I'd even go as far as to say verging on very good) coach, totally classless jackwagon. Probably fits the era and I can understand why younger "in your face" fans would like him, but those of us from an earlier era kind of just shake our heads.

But Bielema is not alone. There's a lot of jerks running big-time programs now.

Let see, butt belimic or gv becky. Hate is such a strong word and itst not healthy, but I think I have a little for each of them.

That is a ridiculous comment. Gopher fans have a good deal of respect for most of the other B1G coaches.

This guys is jerk and everyone knows, even he knows it. If he had the losing record that you suggest he would be a bad coach and still a jerk.

Not believing KFAN rumors is not because people dislike them, it is really the other way around.

People dislike KFAN because they are typically wrong, they constantly make stuff up to try and be "entertaining" and very seldom take the effort to be knowledgable about Gopher sports. That is why people tend to not to believe what they hear on KFAN.

The "rumor" is not true. Bret would never say or do something like that to a peer. Insubordinates or student athletes? Sure.

Tim would have whupped his ass from one end of the stadium to the other....and Bret knows that.

Top Bottom