Breakthrough Player of Texas Bowl

Spoofin

Reaction score
Looking to pass some time before the game. I'm wondering who folks expect to surprise (in a good way) on Friday. I'm thinking unexpected like Engel last year.

I think D.Jones is the most likely pick so I'm going to throw out KJ Maye. Someone on our WR crew will, and maybe they finally find a way to use his speed in this game.

I think Jones has a big day on offense. Don't be surprised to see him line up as the deep back in the I and run the toss sweep a couple of times in addition to jet sweeps and slot receiver.

On defense, last year we saw an Ekpe have a break out day and this year we see both Ekpes have big days. I think the brothers combine for several big plays and in one instance, meet at the QB for a shared sack!

The defensive torch gets passed to Theiren Cockran on Friday night as he is the star of the game, and raises eye-brows when most are focusing on Hageman.

I was going to say Donovahn as well, I guess I could throw out wolitarsky too

We go to this game and in Tony Dungey's words, we do what we do. Cobb rushes for 150+ and Max has a couple of big receptions. Syracuse has never seen an offensive line like ours. They will be the games storyline!

I predict the towel boys will have a breakthrough game. Seeing as the Gophers have never seen a team that hits as hard as Syracuse, the first and second stringers will probably be injured and out of the game by the 1st quarter, and we will have burned through nearly all of the redshirts by halftime. The 2nd half will be played almost exclusively by the towel boys and trainers who will have no problem extending the lead from 2 touchdowns to 5.

Top Bottom