BREAKING: Oregon & Washington joining Big Ten, becoming latest schools to leave Pac-12

So that will make us the B1G 18?? Does that mean that the BB tournaments will become like football was with East and West divisions? Or will the bottom 8 teams now play on day 1?

So that will make us the B1G 18?? Does that mean that the BB tournaments will become like football was with East and West divisions? Or will the bottom 8 teams now play on day 1?
Not something we gotta worry about...how many days of the tournament do we have to wait before our first game? Is, the question. On the guys side...Buzz King has the bottom four starting out on campus on Sunday. The top 4 seeds would have a 5 day bye.
Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 8.57.57 PM.png

Last edited:

Not something we gotta worry about...how many days of the tournament do we have to wait before our first game? Is, the question. On the guys side...Buzz King has the bottom four starting out on campus on Sunday. The top 4 seeds would have a 5 day bye.
View attachment 26270
In regards to the rankings of those teams, yes to UCLA at #1 -- and an NCAA superpower about to step out. But I'd move OSU and Michigan up this list.

Minnesota is on the upswing. Switch Purdue for Minnesota on that graph.

Potentially all starters currently on the team were rated top-100 by ESPN HoopGurlz:

C Sophie Hart, top 100
PF Mallory Heyer, top 100
SG Mara Braun, top 100
PG Amaya Battle, top 100
SF/Wing Grace Grocholski, top 100

Plus lots of talent (and minutes) for the 6, 7, 8, 9 10, 11th players in.

I love Coach P's coaching scheme (and the coaching staff). That positionless basketball, strong defense, perimeter shooting, prepare, file, make things happen. It's a superior coaching approach, like switching to "the best" offense in NFL, like the one Brady used in New England instead of 5 yards and a cloud of dust.

Keep an eye on UCLA as best in nation soon.

In regards to the rankings of those teams, yes to UCLA at #1 -- and an NCAA superpower about to step out. But I'd move OSU and Michigan up this list.

Minnesota is on the upswing. Switch Purdue for Minnesota on that graph.

Potentially all starters currently on the team were rated top-100 by ESPN HoopGurlz:

C Sophie Hart, top 100
PF Mallory Heyer, top 100
SG Mara Braun, top 100
PG Amaya Battle, top 100
SF/Wing Grace Grocholski, top 100

Plus lots of talent (and minutes) for the 6, 7, 8, 9 10, 11th players in.

I love Coach P's coaching scheme (and the coaching staff). That positionless basketball, strong defense, perimeter shooting, prepare, file, make things happen. It's a superior coaching approach, like switching to "the best" offense in NFL, like the one Brady used in New England instead of 5 yards and a cloud of dust.

Keep an eye on UCLA as best in nation soon.
As I said, the chart was for illustration only...it was one guy's men's basketball pairings. More a graphic to visually see when you play, how it MIGHT work etc

Even though the Big 12 has lost teams to the SEC, they are picking up new teams from the dissolution of the PAC. I foresee more shuffling between the the 4 remaining P5 conferences, as well as Mountain West, Big East, and a few others.

Top Bottom