BREAKING: Elijah Hawkins to transfer

Not surprising at all to hear that there are agents trying to exploit the system.

I can only imagine the sleezeball tactics that agents are using in order to sign college players. Inflate their open market value in order to get them to sign and enter the transfer portal.....at which time the players are stuck. It would be really interesting to know what percentage of players enter the portal and end up getting the same or less in NIL than if they would have stayed put.

Not even close.

This is basketball. A rapidly improving B1G team with no seniors.
How are you able to determine it is rapidly improving when players being developed are leaving? We don’t even know at this point all of the players on the roster so imo it’s premature to declare the team is improving.

How are you able to determine it is rapidly improving when players being developed are leaving? We don’t even know at this point all of the players on the roster so imo it’s premature to declare the team is improving.
I'm saying we'd have been very good next year IF we would have kept our players.

Other are saying we'd still have been no good.

I'm saying we'd have been very good next year IF we would have kept our players.
And that would make us (Gophers) unique?

All kinds of teams can say that, especially since it can't be proven.

Bottom line is if roster remains as is & Christie comes back, Gophers will have a chance to be competitive (define that however you like). If he doesn't return, very little reason for optimism.

I can only imagine the sleezeball tactics that agents are using in order to sign college players. Inflate their open market value in order to get them to sign and enter the transfer portal.....at which time the players are stuck. It would be really interesting to know what percentage of players enter the portal and end up getting the same or less in NIL than if they would have stayed put.
Or get no scholarship.

And that would make us (Gophers) unique?

All kinds of teams can say that, especially since it can't be proven.

Bottom line is if roster remains as is & Christie comes back, Gophers will have a chance to be competitive (define that however you like). If he doesn't return, very little reason for optimism.
It's an extremely rare occurrence for the Gophers to have a decent team with no seniors.

I'd have liked to see them next year.

Someday he's going to have to learn if you make a public commitment to something, standing by your word will go a long way. Not mad he left, but dont be dishonest about it. Karma will find a way either in the workforce or otherwise.

slight change for Elijah. His X is all still MN. His instagram is mostly MN but he added a pic of him in a texas tech costume. maybe just some cosplay from the past weekend?

Other are saying we'd still have been no good.
Carrington was so good. JOJ…wow! Payne, one could argue didn’t really improve at all, he was just a man amongst boys since he put on the jersey. I guess some of our improvement could be that we have almost a 24 year old and a 23 year old playing against 18/19 year olds…

Not true, but carry on

Supply and demand. If he is the last high level PG on the market stock rises. See Kstate back that transferred literally yesterday.
How many PGs are in the portal right now? To get to a point where the S&D curve would be in his favor will take quite a while. But carry on.

For those of you who were upset with the previously unnamed school who may have/probably tampered with Hawkins after he previously said "I'm back":

Are you mad at that no-good, rotten, cheatin' Texas Tech?

Will you be mad if MN pulls the exact same thing with a Charlotte player?

This is the game now - get used to it.

Top Bottom