Brad Stevens to Celtics

Butler names Brandon Miller as new coach to replace Brad Stevens

Less than 70 hours removed from the official announcement that Brad Stevens was leaving for the Boston Celtics, Butler has named his successor.

Brandon Miller, a former point guard at the university and 2003 alumnus, will take over for Stevens. The 34-year-old Miller returned to Butler in April to be an assistant after spending last season as an assistant coach to John Groce at Illinois. Prior to that he was on Thad Matta's staff for six years at Ohio State. Matta, a Butler alum, spent one year as coach of the Bulldogs, in 2000-01.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...n-miller-as-new-coach-to-replace-brad-stevens

Go Gophers!!

Read an article that stated one of the traits common to people that are happiest is the desire to take risks, big one for Stevens but in the end he will probably be the better for it.

Read an article that stated one of the traits common to people that are happiest is the desire to take risks, big one for Stevens but in the end he will probably be the better for it.

The only risk for him, IMO, is leaving what he had at Butler. Even if he crashes and burns in Boston, he will have pretty close to his choice of any open job would he want one in college. To me, that would include situations that would allow him similar levels of success as he had at Butler.

So, I suppose that's a "risk", but to me it doesn't seem like one with high downside.

The only risk for him, IMO, is leaving what he had at Butler. Even if he crashes and burns in Boston, he will have pretty close to his choice of any open job would he want one in college. To me, that would include situations that would allow him similar levels of success as he had at Butler.

So, I suppose that's a "risk", but to me it doesn't seem like one with high downside.

Yep. The narrative (right or wrong) if he fails miserably at Boston will be that he's a "college coach" not an "NBA coach".

Yep. The narrative (right or wrong) if he fails miserably at Boston will be that he's a "college coach" not an "NBA coach".

I suppose therein lies the risk... I'd take a few million more (like he is) for that risk, though.

I actually think he'll succeed pretty well, assuming they rebuild that roster well (which is the obvious caveat there).

Top Bottom