Brad Nessler and Jimmy Dykes

Big Play

Reaction score
Did anybody just hear on espn during they LSU vs Miss State these 2 jokers (Dykes and Nessler) say there projected first round NIT match up at Rupp Arena is Minnesota vs Kentucky Are you serious why cant we get any respect.

They want the matchup because of the story. No other reason.

It's just talk

neither one thought it through - it just makes a good story

Did anybody just hear on espn during they LSU vs Miss State these 2 jokers (Dykes and Nessler) say there projected first round NIT match up at Rupp Arena is Minnesota vs Kentucky Are you serious why cant we get any respect.

Won't happen. NIT seeds its teams. Kentucky, Minnesota would be 1 or 2 seeds.

If it is KY versus MN in NIT (not that I am wanting that) Why should it be in Rupp and not in the Barn? We have a better overall!!!

Nessler is an idiot

Remember last year's match-up with Maryland where we were a #4 seed and had a home game? Both MN and KY would be seeded qutie high in some hypothetical NIT, like FOT said. Ever since the NCAA bought the NIT, it follows very strict rules of seeding.

Nessler didn't think about this, or bother to check. He was just running his mouth. Alternate explanation = Nessler is an idiot. Either one covers the facts nicely.....

You´d hope for better from a Minnesota product (Nessler is originally from St. Charles, MN, about twenty miles east of Rochester)

Stupid. Would NEVER happen. No way that NIT or ESPN would allow this to happen, because it takes one of two of the top teams in the NIT out in the first round.

I love how they dismiss the Gophers from the tourney altogether, as if their resume makes no difference. Sometimes you just want to slap dumbasses like that.

We have been robbed of the tourney at least once in the past 20 years, arguably 2 or 3 times though (first 9-9 BT team to be out, first 10-8 BT team to be out, and I think another 9-9 or 10-8 time as well). Who else, besides Missouri State (formerly SW Miss. St.) has been robbed a significant number of times?

Moreover, the Gophers have rarely ever been on the good side of the bubble when they shouldn't have. Has this ever happened? I recall in 99 just before the academic scandal hit, that that team was inexplicably higher seeded (8) than it should have been, but that's about the only time I've seen a Gopher team better seeded than they should have been.

I blame Dykes

The Kentucky-Minnesota thing was his idea, and had as much to dow ith his disrespect of the Big Ten as the story line. Nessler did not bring it up.

Dykes is a dork, who is to the SEC what Dukie V is to the ACC/Puke.

That's the matchup they are HOPING for. ESPN being the "they" I mention. That way, they could hype up the game until everyone in both Kentucky and Minnesota want to puke while getting great ratings. That's all that ESPN cares about: Big names and Big stories. They couldn't care less about accuracy or whether this matchup is even feasible.

All they were doing is making a pitch to the selection committee to leave us out, seed us and Kentucky either really low and really high in the NIT and then have the two teams play one another in the first round. It's the ESPN way of doing things.

I recall in 99 just before the academic scandal hit, that that team was inexplicably higher seeded (8) than it should have been, but that's about the only time I've seen a Gopher team better seeded than they should have been.

We were a 7 seed in 99 I believe.

We were. Got upset by #10 Gonzaga in Seattle.

Hardly an upset considering the circumstances. But that was the day that Dusty Rychart became a good player.

Top Bottom