Bracketology as of 2/5

jjgopher

Reaction score
Some things to remember when doing a bracketology that can fluctuate a team's seed

1. Team from the same conference aren't put in the same Sweet 16 bracket
2. They try not to have repeat matchups from the regular season as 1st round games
3. They try to keep higher seed teams as close to home as possible, and with the pod system, even let's say a team like Villanova, who is the #1 out West, will still play their first 2 games in the East Coast

East South Midwest West

1. Villanova Syracuse Kansas Kentucky
2. Michigan St. Purdue West Virginia Texas
3. Kansas St. Duke Wisconsin Georgetown
4. Tennessee Temple Ohio State BYU
5. Butler New Mexico Vanderbilt Gonzaga
6. Pitt Baylor Wake Forest Georgia Tech
7. Xavier Northern Iowa Texas A&M Rhode Island
8. UNLV Missouri Clemson Florida State
9. Okla St. Ole Miss St. Mary's Arizona St.
10. Maryland Florida Charlotte Cornell
11. Old Dominion South Florida UTEP Illinois
12. Richmond Siena Louisville Cincinatti
13. Wichita St. Kent St. Louisiana Tech Murray St.
14. Pacific College of Charleston Morgan St. Sam Houston St.
15. Oakland Arkansas St. Coastal Carolina Weber St.
16. Lafayette Robert Morris Jacksonville Stony Brook

LAST FOUR IN: Wichita St., Richmond, Louisville, Cincinatti

Last Four Out: Mississippi St, Marquette, Dayton, Virginia Tech

Next Four Out: Virginia, UConn, UAB, UNC

Next Four Out: Minnesota, Notre Dame, Cal, Tulsa

We obviously have some work to do, and NEED to go 5-0 or at least 4-1 over our next 5 game stretch.

Quick question but does your list of teams behind a seed indicate there position within that seed.

For example MSU is the #1 2 seed, Purdue is the #2 2 seeds etc.

Thanks in advance.

Nothing would be better then a national championship to a no tournament for UNC. They can't even win a game right now.

Just looking at that list of teams from the number one seed all the way down to the number 6 seeds, there is potentially a lot of so-called "upsets" on the horizon in March. Should be a fun tourney.

Quick question but does your list of teams behind a seed indicate there position within that seed.

For example MSU is the #1 2 seed, Purdue is the #2 2 seeds etc.

Thanks in advance.

No, I have them listed by region, I have each region headed, but when i post it, they all bunch together, hence why it's not as organized and readable as it should be.

We got the road WIN we needed today guys. Now, if we protect home court (5 games) we are IN the tournament. At 10-8, and wins over Purdue and WI, that would put us in. So let's get the Barn rocking and help us get into the dance!!

Now, if we protect home court (5 games) we are IN the tournament. At 10-8, and wins over Purdue and WI, that would put us in. So let's get the Barn rocking and help us get into the dance!!

That would be sweet. Thanks for the bracketology update jj.

Some things to remember when doing a bracketology that can fluctuate a team's seed

1. Team from the same conference aren't put in the same Sweet 16 bracket
2. They try not to have repeat matchups from the regular season as 1st round games
3. They try to keep higher seed teams as close to home as possible, and with the pod system, even let's say a team like Villanova, who is the #1 out West, will still play their first 2 games in the East Coast

East South Midwest West

1. Villanova Syracuse Kansas Kentucky
2. Michigan St. Purdue West Virginia Texas
3. Kansas St. Duke Wisconsin Georgetown
4. Tennessee Temple Ohio State BYU
5. Butler New Mexico Vanderbilt Gonzaga
6. Pitt Baylor Wake Forest Georgia Tech
7. Xavier Northern Iowa Texas A&M Rhode Island
8. UNLV Missouri Clemson Florida State
9. Okla St. Ole Miss St. Mary's Arizona St.
10. Maryland Florida Charlotte Cornell
11. Old Dominion South Florida UTEP Illinois
12. Richmond Siena Louisville Cincinatti
13. Wichita St. Kent St. Louisiana Tech Murray St.
14. Pacific College of Charleston Morgan St. Sam Houston St.
15. Oakland Arkansas St. Coastal Carolina Weber St.
16. Lafayette Robert Morris Jacksonville Stony Brook

LAST FOUR IN: Wichita St., Richmond, Louisville, Cincinatti

Last Four Out: Mississippi St, Marquette, Dayton, Virginia Tech

Next Four Out: Virginia, UConn, UAB, UNC

Next Four Out: Minnesota, Notre Dame, Cal, Tulsa

We obviously have some work to do, and NEED to go 5-0 or at least 4-1 over our next 5 game stretch.

Gophers need to W out at home and take 2 of 3 on the road for likely NCAA bid at 21-9 (12-6 in Big 10).

20-10 puts Gophers on the bubble and in need of 1 or 2 W at Big 10 tourney.

Gophers need to W out at home and take 2 of 3 on the road for likely NCAA bid at 21-9 (12-6 in Big 10).

20-10 puts Gophers on the bubble and in need of 1 or 2 W at Big 10 tourney.

No. 11-7 will get us in the tournament.

You think we need to be 12-7 now? How many bids do you think the Big Ten is going to get? Three? Man I didn't realize only 25 teams make the NCAA tournament these days.

You think we need to be 12-7 now? How many bids do you think the Big Ten is going to get? Three? Man I didn't realize only 25 teams make the NCAA tournament these days.

The Big10 will get 4 or 5 bids.

Well MSU, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Purdue are locks, so that's four, and I would just find it hard to believe that if Selection Sunday would have been today that Illinois would have been left out (they would make it five). Believe it or not, we do still have a chance too. I would think that the Big Ten will probably get 5 bids, but I'm not an expert so maybe some other people can educate me.

After looking into it, I guess it wouldn't be that surprsing (although if someone would have told me before the season started that the Big Ten would only get four bids I would have called them an idiot). Five still sounds about right to me though.

There is no way Cinci or St Mary's, unless you assume they are going to win their conference tournament, should be in the bracket. I am also assuming you have ASU in as the conference tournament winner? No way Pac 10 gets more than 1 bid.

After looking into it, I guess it wouldn't be that surprsing (although if someone would have told me before the season started that the Big Ten would only get four bids I would have called them an idiot). Five still sounds about right to me though.

Five, MAYBE six bids for Big 10.

There is no way Cinci or St Mary's, unless you assume they are going to win their conference tournament, should be in the bracket. I am also assuming you have ASU in as the conference tournament winner? No way Pac 10 gets more than 1 bid.

Yeah I did this Friday morning, I'll update every Friday. So as of Friday morning, I had Cincy in, I prob have them out now with the loss yesterday but they are squarely on the bubble. And yes, I have ASU as the Automatic bid in the Pac-10. And yes, St. Mary's would be in, if the tournament started today.

You could probably take a group of 15 teams that could move in and out of the tourney, daily, depending on wins or losses, still way too many games to be played and one of the hardships of doing bracketology with 5 weeks before conference tournament play begins.

Also, don't concentrate too much on how many bids a certain conference gets. Right now, I would have 6 Atlantic 10 teams in and 5 big 10 teams. Will I think it will be like this come Selection Sunday? Probably not, the games will play themselves out, and for the most part, bubble teams will be weeded.

I would be very suprised if the B10 only get 4 bids. I think there will be 5 maybe 6. Right now 4 teams have punched there ticket(MSU, Purdue, Wisco, OSU) the 5th team is going to come out of the pack of Ill, NW, Gophs-right now I would say Ill is in the lead for that bid but there is alot of basketball to be played yet.

only way the B10 gets 6 teams is if we win the B10 tourney or NU wins the B10 tourney.

Yeah I did this Friday morning, I'll update every Friday. So as of Friday morning, I had Cincy in, I prob have them out now with the loss yesterday but they are squarely on the bubble. And yes, I have ASU as the Automatic bid in the Pac-10. And yes, St. Mary's would be in, if the tournament started today.

I will have to disagree with you here. They have no quality wins outside of i think Utah State? I dont know if you can qualify that as a quality win. Yes there record is impressive at 21-3 but with no quality wins. I would probably put in Marquette in over them.

Top Bottom