Boys volleyball to become high school varsity sport in Minnesota

About time! It was frustrating to see the vote fall short the past 2 times, with no clear rationale.
The rationale was complaining and blackballing by other spring sport varsity coaches.

In spite of them, the sport grew too much, even just at the club level, to be ignored any further.

The rationale was complaining and blackballing by other spring sport varsity coaches.

In spite of them, the sport grew too much, even just at the club level, to be ignored any further.
I haven't followed too much...Is boys volleyball typically a spring sport?
Just curious - I've seen our local high school football numbers drop quite a bit, and from what I hear the boys just aren't into it that much anymore. In our town, cross country and swimming (consolidated with another town) are the only fall options for fall I believe. But then I suppose the football coaches would be upset then.

I haven't followed too much...Is boys volleyball typically a spring sport?
Just curious - I've seen our local high school football numbers drop quite a bit, and from what I hear the boys just aren't into it that much anymore. In our town, cross country and swimming (consolidated with another town) are the only fall options for fall I believe. But then I suppose the football coaches would be upset then.
Yes, the men's game at college level is a spring NCAA sport and the state with by far the biggest participation California I believe it is a spring sport too. Not sure how many of the states also follow that. I think Wisconsin it is a fall sport, but Illinois is spring?

Yes, probably true. The volleyball boosters bent over backwards, saying "put us in the spring or fall, whatever works best", and going around the state visiting AD meetings to address any concerns. Statistics say that it takes very few athletes away from other sports

Bumping this back up. Any more news to share on this? I'm super excited to watch boy's volleyball as a high school sport here in Rochester. When will they determine the season (Fall or Spring). Any more updates from people in the know would be appreciated. Thanks!

Top Bottom