Bowling in California or Florida - I like it.

gopherrising

Reaction score
Thanks to the current high rankings of Ohio St, Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin, it looks like Minnesota will be either got to Tampa Bay for the Outback Bowl or in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl. Either one is a fantastic destination. I reviewed 4 different bowl forecasts and three had us in SD and one in Tampa.

I also assume their predication is based on a Gopher loss this weekend, so this is worse case scenario.

I do not want to get into a discussion on if we are deserving, or Big Ten might be overrated with all these teams in top 10. My only point is I plan on going to either location and experience a warm, fun Bowl environment for the first time.

Hopefully we are taking an Axe with us!

At this point, the absolute worst case scenario is Nashville. Granted, they've been there before, but that was some time ago.
From everything I've seen, the Holiday Bowl in SD has changed a bit. I recall staying up very late watching UW and UNL play out there in past years. This year's game kicks off at 6pm our time, so that'll really help viewership.

I think we're looking at Holiday or Music City - hard to imagine there's another outcome for us. My guess is that Nebraska is a lock for Outback, assuming the top four teams make CFP/NY6. From there it comes down to whether or not Holiday prefers Minnesota or Iowa. Probably Iowa if they beat Nebraska on Friday, Minnesota if not.

At this point, the absolute worst case scenario is Nashville. Granted, they've been there before, but that was some time ago.
From everything I've seen, the Holiday Bowl in SD has changed a bit. I recall staying up very late watching UW and UNL play out there in past years. This year's game kicks off at 6pm our time, so that'll really help viewership.

I just wish the Holiday Bowl didn't overlap with the Gopher basketball game vs. Michigan State (8PM start at the barn)

i think somebody already thinks it's san diego and they moved their ice fish hut to encinitas in advance
encinitas ice fish hut.jpg

According to Big Ten bowl fascinatos, the Holday Bowl ranks right up with the major bowls for fun and accommodations for players and fans. But Nashville would be closer than San Diego.

According to Big Ten bowl fascinatos, the Holday Bowl ranks right up with the major bowls for fun and accommodations for players and fans. But Nashville would be closer than San Diego.

Not for us. Four hours from Arizona. Gophers in San Diego would draw 3 times as many Gopher fans. Nashville is cool, but it can't touch San Diego. Plus, we've been to Nashville twice.

Detroit would be even closer ;-). I'm hoping for the best bowl and San Diego would be the nicer of the two plus it is rich in German heritage which plays to our fan base.

IMG_1033.jpg

Top Bottom