Bowling Green coach Scot Loeffler at postgame podium to a reporter: “They couldn’t throw it from me to you.”

Well, in all fairness, the TD pass to Geers was thrown about as far as the good Coach said. I'm thinking that's not what he meant though...
There were a couple of games where if our tight end got a pass like the one Kramer threw instead of a wild fast ball, we might have had a win instead of a loss.

Was this quote basically just a coach frustrated that he knew his team had a good chance to win with our QB situation but no matter what they did they couldn't stop the run?

I think this is probably the truth. Easy to overreact to a clip.

Some sour apples, for a team that beat you and didn’t need to pass. Who was the better coach today, bud?
When you consider the resources the University of Minnesota has versus Bowling Green State (recruiting budget, training facilities, stadium, assistant coach salary pool, NIL money, conference recognition, etc.)? Scott Loeffler and it's not even close. They were missing some key players too.

There were a couple of games where if our tight end got a pass like the one Kramer threw instead of a wild fast ball, we might have had a win instead of a loss.
Including on——

Back I go into therapy now….

Threw it far enough to pass for a touchdown. Didn't need to throw it much beyond that because you couldn't stop the run better than anyone else in the stands.

I had the Over/Under for the game at eight (8) pass attempts so Kramer was twice as good as expected.
For the season he was 8-17, 26 yards 2TD and 2INT. He actually has a higher average yards per run than passing for his career at the U.

Totally unrelated, but once again, the receivers were blanketed most all game long.

Totally unrelated, but once again, the receivers were blanketed most all game long.
Whenever a football team loses, you blame slow receivers and say the lines got dominated.

Just make a bot.

They're equally demoralized when the offense keeps getting first downs from passing.
I don't think so. Defenses can hope for errant passes, sacs, deflections, interceptions, holding penalties (more common on passes). Much can go wrong on passes. Plus, when trailing, a steady rushing attack adds anxiety because of the clock. And weather and surface conditions can make passing even more risky. I would pass more than the Gophers do, but I'd still want a dominating, reliable rushing attack to be the foundation of my offense.

Top Bottom