Bowling Green coach Scot Loeffler at postgame podium to a reporter: “They couldn’t throw it from me to you.”

about 1.5 yards per passing play
about 6 yards per rush

the BG coach should be happy the gophers tried 16 passing plays - or the gophers wpuld have scored more

BG mismanagement of time outs could have had nothing to do with it...NOT!

Fun fact, Bowling Green is 5-8 all-time in bowl games.

Last edited:

BG needed to force us to beat them with the pass and they were unable to do that. Classless remark by their coach. If Cole would have spent all of his years at BG instead of MN he likely would have been their starting QB.

Was this quote basically just a coach frustrated that he knew his team had a good chance to win with our QB situation but no matter what they did they couldn't stop the run?
Yeah he was eyeing a win and his team got run over. He was frustrated as the game went on.

What is weird is they stopped attacking our secondary after a while. We’re weak against long passes and over the middle of the field but they just didn’t attack us there as much as I would expect, and went to these weird plays towards the sidelines….

The Minnesota QB threw 2 TD passes. From him to a receiver.

Well, in all fairness, the TD pass to Geers was thrown about as far as the good Coach said. I'm thinking that's not what he meant though...

Yeah he was eyeing a win and his team got run over. He was frustrated as the game went on.

What is weird is they stopped attacking our secondary after a while. We’re weak against long passes and over the middle of the field but they just didn’t attack us there as much as I would expect, and went to these weird plays towards the sidelines….
We actually put pressure on the QB in the 2nd half, which helped disrupt their long passing.

Top Bottom