Bowling, Beauties & Broadcasters - Benefit for Leukemia Lymphoma Society

GopherLady

Reaction score
Ok...so I technically know this should be on the OT board, but I'm going to rationalize it, since it is football related because of the people involved, and I'm giving away Gopher stuff. Plus, it's for a really great cause - and I wanted as many of you to read this and possibly attend.

KFAN's Intern Gal, Lindsay Guentzel, is running for the Leukemia Lymphoma Societies' (LLS) Woman of the Year. It's a 10 week campagin, and her goal is to raise $30K!

She is having a bowling event this Friday at the Park Tavern in St. Louis Park and the hosts of the lanes will be: Judd Zulgad (Strib), Chip Scoggins (Strib), Meatsauce from KFAN, Henry Lake (KFAN), Miss Minnesota Teen USA 2011 Brittany Thelemann, and myself.

You can either bid on one of our lanes, or just pay $30 upfront, which includes 3 hours of bowling, pizza, and beer...and every cent of profit goes to LLS! OR...you can bid on one of our lanes. Since I had to compete with real celebrities, I am giving away an autographed Jerry Kill football to my highest bidder, and will also give out Jerry Kill Coffee mugs.

For you Gopher football fans, I would plan on attending simply to meet Chip Scoggins. As many of you know, he covered the Gopher Football beat for many years with the STrib, and you could probably talk his ear off asking him about the Gophs, as he is a wealth of knowledge.

Please feel free to ask any questions I haven't covered, or bump this post as long as you like!

You can RSVP on the Evite or just show up! Bowling, Broadcasters, and Beauties Evite

BowlingInvite.jpg

The real question is will gopherlady be there bowling?

GL, IF I wasn't going on the Fishing Opener with my son and grandsons this weekend, and IF it wasn't so far for me, and IF I wasn't such a creep, and IF I could afford it, I would buy you for the night of Bowling, Beauties, and Broadcasters. I once bowled a 300, but it took me 3 games to do it.

The real question is will gopherlady be there bowling?

Actually...the real question is, do you want to see me bowl? I think I hit triple digits once in high school. ;_

GL, IF I wasn't going on the Fishing Opener with my son and grandsons this weekend, and IF it wasn't so far for me, and IF I wasn't such a creep, and IF I could afford it, I would buy you for the night of Bowling, Beauties, and Broadcasters. I once bowled a 300, but it took me 3 games to do it.

You bowl like I do!

Well, for Dr. Don and others, if you aren't able to attend and would like to donate to Lindsay's campaign, the link is here:

https://mn.dojiggy.com/pledge/index.cfm?585F22080878787166021D76127037562F437902057B790500

It really does make a difference - I can't remember the exact stat, but at last year's banquet, I want to say the survival rate for people with LLS was 20% 20 years ago. Now it's at either 80 or 85%....which is truly remarkable. Even if you want to skip your Starbucks or Caribou tomorrow and donate the $5 - it's a great cause!

Shameless bump...event is tomorrow night, hope some of you can come out and join us!

Shameless bump...event is tomorrow night, hope some of you can come out and join us!

No bump by you, Nadine, is shameless.

I do not know what the fishing opener on Mille Lacs will be, but I still can't join you on Friday Night. If the event were Saturday night, I might have surprised you with an out of life experience. :party:

Now that would shock you.

No bump by you, Nadine, is shameless.

I do not know what the fishing opener on Mille Lacs will be, but I still can't join you on Friday Night. If the event were Saturday night, I might have surprised you with an out of life experience. :party:

Now that would shock you.

Replace "shock" with "scare" and I think you would nail my reaction, haha! :cool02:

Replace "shock" with "scare" and I think you would nail my reaction, haha! :cool02:

Nadine, maybe you would faint out of the adrenaline rush you would feel when I would scare you. Or, you would faint out of excitement, like the young women of my days did when they saw Elvis in person. hee hee hee :party:

I once took 2nd prize in a "Most Handsome Man" contest. I was the only contestant and they still could not give me 1st prize. :banghead:

Top Bottom