Bowl Practices

IDFM

Reaction score
Does anyone find it odd that not much is being reported from the bowl practices. I remember last year we were hearing a lot from print and television and this season has been a vacuum.

Unfortunately I think it has to do with a lack of interest in the game from casual fans. I'm beyond excited for the bowl game, but a lot of Gopher fans saw "Texas Bowl" and "Syracuse" and probably became pretty disinterested.

Does anyone find it odd that not much is being reported from the bowl practices. I remember last year we were hearing a lot from print and television and this season has been a vacuum.

Kill said that they haven't been able to do much yet because of finals and testing.

Kill on the Sports Huddle said that they were using Monday and Tuesday to finalize their bowl game practice schedule. After that preparation will start in earnest, i.e Wednesday of this week.

Kill on the Sports Huddle said that they were using Monday and Tuesday to finalize their bowl game practice schedule. After that preparation will start in earnest, i.e Wednesday of this week.
There are a fair number of reports today, no surprise!, things will continue to pick up.

I was wondering how in the world that they got 15 practices in between the end of the season and the bowl game with finals. They had to have participated in practices after the Michigan State game before they realized they were playing Syracuse.

I was wondering how in the world that they got 15 practices in between the end of the season and the bowl game with finals. They had to have participated in practices after the Michigan State game before they realized they were playing Syracuse.
In the 15 practices, at first you work on your own team, gradually work in opponent specific tasks and then switch over to game prep. I would think that the first 5 to 7 practices your strictly concentrating on your own teams development

In the 15 practices, at first you work on your own team, gradually work in opponent specific tasks and then switch over to game prep. I would think that the first 5 to 7 practices your strictly concentrating on your own teams development

That's what I'm thinking. Probably a time for the guys who didn't play a lot to get a few more reps as well. Make sure the starters get their reps, but not as much as during a regular week of practice.

It all depends of the definition of a practice. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if you had both a morning and an afternoon practice that would count as two practices. I do know that they had at least one practice last week.

It all depends of the definition of a practice. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if you had both a morning and an afternoon practice that would count as two practices. I do know that they had at least one practice last week.

I'm fairly certain that those would count as two practices as you thought; they do at Fall camp. I wonder if their are any rules in regards to 2-a-days when school is out.

Top Bottom