bowl mania espn

minibeaver

Reaction score
They picked Texas Tech to win as the second highest confidence pick of the Bowl season.
I don't like Robert Smith very much.

Vegas pretty much agrees. We're still +13, behind only Oklahoma State (-16.5) over Purdue, Florida State (-13.5) over NIU, and Florida (-13.5) over Louisville.

I actually think this is a really good match-up for us. TT wants to spread you out and pass, which plays to the Gophers strength. If our O-line is healthy and we can establish the run game, I wouldn't be surprised to see us win this one.

Vegas and ESPN thinks we have the same defense that cost Mase his job against Tech way back when.

While I do think our defense is good enough to make it a game, I can't fault the oddsmakers and ESPN for doubting our chances. Since the middle of the year (when Nelson was inserted as full-time starter) we're averaging 260 yards of offense per game.

Now, I will admit that four of those six games were against teams with top-25 (statistically) defenses (MSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska). But unfortunately for us, Tech isn't THAT far behind (39th in the country). If we're relying on our defense to shut down their offense, more than their defense can shut down our offense, it's not surprising that the odds are in their favor.

Of course, that's why they play the game, and I still think we got a shot because our pass D lines up well against their pass O.

Absolutely no surprise. Just look at our offense since the Purdue game. As much as we all hate to say it, since Barker went down and decided to quit we've had absolutely no passing game. All we can do is hope the time off with 15 practices fixes one of the worst offenses in the country over the past 3 games. Gotta find some guys to step up big at receiver. Need Christenson fully healthy. This offense needs to look night to day different to win this game. That being said, here's hoping it happens, because the season ain't over yet!!! Let' go Gophers!!!

Remember "playing with hair on fire"? That's the way the Gophers will have to play this one to pull out a win - none of that two runs and a pass stuff. They will have to outscore TT.

Top Bottom