Bowl Game Tickets

FireDaveLee

Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
The Minnesota Athletics Ticket Office is accepting orders for its allotment of 10,500 tickets immediately on GopherSports.com and at 9 a.m. Monday morning on the phone or in person at the Gopher Athletics Ticket office. All tickets for the game are priced at $55 and football season ticket holders will have until Dec. 9 at 5 p.m. to place orders for priority seating.

Does anybody know what "priority seating" means? Does this give me the option of potentially selecting where I'd be sitting within the Gopher section (within reason, of course)?

There's no doubt I'm going to purchase my tix through the Gopher ticket office, mostly because the ticket sales #'s are going to need the help since most of the snow birds won't be buying them through the U. But is there any advantage to buying them more quickly than waiting?

Also, how has the process been for bowl tix the last few years? The last bowl game I attended was the 2004 Music City, and I was on the club level for that one so really didn't worry about where they were. The biggest advantage I see to buying them elsewhere than through the U is that you know what seats you're getting when you purchase. Has anything changed in this process?

The Minnesota Athletics Ticket Office is accepting orders for its allotment of 10,500 tickets immediately on GopherSports.com and at 9 a.m. Monday morning on the phone or in person at the Gopher Athletics Ticket office. All tickets for the game are priced at $55 and football season ticket holders will have until Dec. 9 at 5 p.m. to place orders for priority seating.

Does anybody know what "priority seating" means? Does this give me the option of potentially selecting where I'd be sitting within the Gopher section (within reason, of course)?

There's no doubt I'm going to purchase my tix through the Gopher ticket office, mostly because the ticket sales #'s are going to need the help since most of the snow birds won't be buying them through the U. But is there any advantage to buying them more quickly than waiting?

Also, how has the process been for bowl tix the last few years? The last bowl game I attended was the 2004 Music City, and I was on the club level for that one so really didn't worry about where they were. The biggest advantage I see to buying them elsewhere than through the U is that you know what seats you're getting when you purchase. Has anything changed in this process?

If you can get them, get the more spendy tix. They're on the club level, and last year, the food was free (Hot Dogs, chips, salsa, pretzles, coke and cookies). My dad and I went (he's a KU grad) and ate the difference in ticket cost easily.

We did get them via the bowl itself, however, because we decided to go late and both schools dicked around with us on getting tix. We did talk to the bowl and let them know one for KU and one for UM.

Top Bottom