Bowl Game Ticket Question

Reaction score
Hello all,

I used to be pretty active here, but life, career, and several moves got in the way. Anyhoo- I now live in Phoenix and am going to bring my son to the bowl game.

I see the ticket office has some points based system and "Should demand for a specific seating level exceed the university allotment size for that location, fans may be contacted and moved to accommodate seating in a different price level and/or location". I am an alum, but I can't imagine that means much to their points system. I also am pretty nervous about where these lower level tickets will be in the stadium. Does buying through the school mean much? Is there an alumni area that we'd get access to or something?

So far Stubhub has limited amounts of tickets at fairly high prices. I am sure that will change as more tickets are released into the market. I have no problem being patient, but would like some insight from you folks who've been to other bowl games and what your ticket buying experience was like.

Thanks in advance!

The schools get blocks of good seats and as they sell them they get more.

There's a lot at play but in short ... I don't expect a lot of demand for tickets so:

• It helps the school if you buy through the school, but it will be more expensive.
  • I suspect you can cheap out and buy elsewhere and get good seats if only due to what I think will be a lack of demand.

The Outback Bowl was pretty high demand and I bought through the school. Got good lower level seats and club access. I don't expect it to be the same for the ... rate bowl or whatever this is.

The ONLY factor I don't know is that this is at a baseball stadium ... how many good seats are there even?

If the sidelines dictate where people sit, the B1G sideline at Chase is the outfield and that would put us in the temporary seating in the outfield. At least according to the seat map on the bowl website.

Please buy your tickets through the school if you can. That's what drives perception of attendance.

Here's my take on the stadium, and I've been there for several baseball games over the past few years. I have not been for a football game, so take my opinions as a guy who's been to the metrodome for both baseball and football and to Chase Field for baseball only.

It would appear to be similar to the metrodome, for the "fixed" seats for baseball. They're all angled to where the pitcher's mound would be. The gopher sideline's temporary seats and the left field end zone seats will be pointed the correct way. The stuff by home plate and down the first base line will be pointed incorrectly.

Just my thoughts

Currently tickets are cheaper through the U than STubhub/Vividseats etc. That might change as game time approaches.
You also want the temp seating behind the Gopher bench on the outfield side of the temp field. Other sideline is far away and pretty low.

Expected attendance is about 33,000 based on games since moving to Chase Stadium. They had over 39,000 when ASU was in the game.

Expected attendance is about 33,000 based on games since moving to Chase Stadium. They had over 39,000 when ASU was in the game.
Why DID they move it to the ballpark? I kind of understand Fenway and Yankee, because those are unique, but why didn't they leave this at ASU?

Why DID they move it to the ballpark? I kind of understand Fenway and Yankee, because those are unique, but why didn't they leave this at ASU?
I assume location to downtown and $$$. Used to be at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe

Bowl Game Pricing​

• Lower Premium (Sections 125-128, FLD7-9, N): $100
  • Club Regular (Sections 206-207): $95
  • Lower Regular (Sections 114-117, C, D, E): $70
  • Upper Premium: $35 (Section 320)

It was initially downtown and then they moved it to Sun Devil Stadium, and then Sun Devil Stadium was being renovated a few years ago so they moved it back downtown. Not sure if they'll move back to Sun Devil Stadium now that the renovations are complete.

It was initially downtown and then they moved it to Sun Devil Stadium, and then Sun Devil Stadium was being renovated a few years ago so they moved it back downtown. Not sure if they'll move back to Sun Devil Stadium now that the renovations are complete.
Visiting another CFB stadium would appeal to me more than… a baseball park.

Buy through the school. It's much more fun to be among other Gopher fans. It can suck to be stuck in the middle of opposing team fans, although I can't imagine fans getting too worked up for this game.

I wonder if there are tailgating and beer/cocktail availability differences.

Bowl Game Pricing​

• Lower Premium (Sections 125-128, FLD7-9, N): $100
  • Club Regular (Sections 206-207): $95
  • Lower Regular (Sections 114-117, C, D, E): $70
  • Upper Premium: $35 (Section 320)
At least at initial glance, seems strange that the "lower premium" seats are outside the 20 yard line. Wonder who Sections F4-6 are being sold to.

For reference, here's the seating chart:
2021_GRB_Seating_Map_1_.png

Last edited:

Also can be indoor or outdoor as weather permits. When we were at ASU it rained the entire game.

Not likely. The Fiesta Bowl runs this as well and Tempe has been a pain to deal with since the bowl moved to Glendale. In fact, Tempe is a pain with just about everything and is very provincial. Downtown Phoenix is simply more hip. Legends District is right next door.

I would be willing to bet 100%, no matter the temperatures the roof will be closed for this Bowl game at Chase field.

At least at initial glance, seems strange that the "lower premium" seats are outside the 20 yard line. Wonder who Sections F4-6 are being sold to.

For reference, here's the seating chart:
Boy does that yellow section nearly the length of the field away look fun.

/S

nevermind…. Read it closer and see the U lists the premium sections you already noted. Bummer. Not sure why they’d stick the most expensive premium seats on the ends of the sidelines.

Last edited:

Top Bottom