Bowl game quality

Grant

Reaction score
What do you think of the quality of play so far in this years bowls. I think with a couple exceptions it has sucked.

Purdue got shelled, but other than that, the Big Ten has gone toe-to-toe in every bowl game so far. Much better than expected.

If by some miracle NW, Mich, Neb, and Wis win I never want to hear how great the SEC is and how bad the Big 10 is ever again.

EDIT: I jinxed it

Freakin Neb. just looked foolish by allowing the Georgia RB to catch a pass out of the backfield to take it to the house for an 87 yard td. However, Neb. always was very hit and miss this season. So for them to give up a big play is not that surprising.

Anyone just see the hit in the Michigan game? SC guy rocked a meatchicken RB.

Yeah. That was a beautiful hit. I liked Mich.'s chances of winning that game until that hit. We will see.

Michigan needs to pull this out. The conference depends on it.

Another ugly New Year's Day for the Big 10. Too bad I can't root for Wis. Congrats to NW on nice win today.

Wow. The Outback Bowl is what bowl season should be like.

Despite some mismatches, the Big Ten has had a respectable bowl season (Purdue's expected beat down being the exception). Would have been nice if Minnesota and Michigan could've protected late leads, or if Nebraska's defense could've returned from hibernation, but it hasn't been as big of a flop as many expected. I'll settle for 2-5, hopefully with Wisconsin getting dismantled.

Northwestern proved resilient today in beating Mississippi St. They stepped up and scored twice after Mississippi St tied the score and had the momentum. It was a Happy NU Year for Wildcat fans who saw their team snap a 9 game bowl loss string, win their first bowl game since 1949 and finish 10-3.

Good for the Cats. Purdue and Oakie a complete mismatch. Nebraska gives up freakish long plays. SC did a pretty good job on Robinson and Clowney is a beast. Becky down 7-0

I wasn't really commenting specifically on the big tens performance but the overall quality of playvin all the bowls. But I must say that the outback turned into a barn burner after I posted. Also the big ten is having another nyd nightmare with a probable 1-4 record with a couple beat downs. Oh well no one expects anything else

Special teams breakdowns are what I'm really noticing this bowl season. Seems like there has been at least one blocked kick and/or TD return in every single game.

Though Michigan lost I liked the way they played both QBs in the same backfield, with Robinson as a running back - I know he's shorter than Gray, but would like to have seen us doing that, too, and not just in wildcat formations. Purdue was blown out, as expected, but otherwise, the Big Ten has been competitive, though the Rose Bowl is not looking good at this point...

Though Michigan lost I liked the way they played both QBs in the same backfield, with Robinson as a running back - I know he's shorter than Gray, but would like to have seen us doing that, too, and not just in wildcat formations. Purdue was blown out, as expected, but otherwise, the Big Ten has been competitive, though the Rose Bowl is not looking good at this point...

I think they should have had them standing right next to each other in the shotgun so the defense doesn't know who the ball is getting snapped to.

I think they should have had them standing right next to each other in the shotgun so the defense doesn't know who the ball is getting snapped to.

I said this since Nelson started vs Wisc. We've got 2 dual threat QBs, why didn't we use them to further confuse the defense. Gray had proven to be as good a RB as any of our starters, why not put someone with size and an arm alongside Nelson.

Because Nelson has been a zero threat qb since the Purdue game.

I shut the Rose Bowl off in the 3rd quarter. That was some of the most boring football I've watched in a long time.

Top Bottom