Bowl airfare

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
The most obvious bowl destination for us is the Insight Bowl.

The cheapest airfare from the Twin Cities right now is on Northwest. If you go the morning of the game (12/31) and return the next morning (1/1), the cost is $371 per ticket. If you want to go on 12/30 and return on 1/1, the cost is $408. This is cheaper than Sun Country.

There is some logic to us going to the Champs Bowl in Florida (in an effort to better spread around which teams have been to which bowls). If that is the case, airfares are $383 on AirTran (who knew they flew direct from the Twin Cities to Orlando?) for 12/26 - 12/28.

Go Gophers!

Not too bad, will look into this when we know what bowl we are going to.

Is there anyone here high enough in the ALumni Association to convince them that more people would go if they could get us a cheap flight. (Around $300). I'm a lifetime member but don't think that carries much weight.

Price shouldn't matter,

the U is obviously planning on filling all those flights with the same Gopher fans who will be
lining up to buy priority parking for anywhere from $1000 to $2500 per spot! Just kidding.
For most fans, price does matter, a fact which Maturi and the stadium gurus will run into
eventually.

That's what disappoints me about our Alumni Association. The big wigs are probably going for free on my money or someone else through Creative Charters. Why not sit down with Delta and try to work out a way to shuttle fans down to a bowl site. They must make a little money with a full plane at $300 a seat. Don't they?

Top Bottom