Both Gach entering the draft---won't return to school

So we thinking lottery pick?......nothing against the kid but has zero shot of making it in the NBA so declaring for the draft is a complete waste of time. He could maybe find a spot overseas playing ball for someone.

He is an overseas guy for sure. Just wondering, what former Gopher played the most years overseas? I have no idea.

So we thinking lottery pick?......nothing against the kid but has zero shot of making it in the NBA so declaring for the draft is a complete waste of time. He could maybe find a spot overseas playing ball for someone.
Do they use a wider court overseas? Both led the world at Minnesota at catching passes while standing out of bounds.

Best of luck to him. I wonder how much of this is agent-driven to increase the odds of a payday by promoting anyone and everyone that has ever dribbled a basketball before. Quantity vs. quality kind of a approach. The big name players all have big name agents. The second, third and lower tier agents throw everthing at the wall in the hopes one of their horses makes it and becomes a big success, thereby allowing them to ascend to being a big name agent.

Best of luck to him. I wonder how much of this is agent-driven to increase the odds of a payday by promoting anyone and everyone that has ever dribbled a basketball before. Quantity vs. quality kind of a approach. The big name players all have big name agents. The second, third and lower tier agents throw everthing at the wall in the hopes one of their horses makes it and becomes a big success, thereby allowing them to ascend to being a big name agent.
I think it's a lot less nefarious than that. Gach likely has a chance to make some money playing basketball in Europe and he would like to get that started. He's 23 years old, he's been in college 4 years, he won't improve his stock and his window of making money in Europe is shrinking every year.

He's going to have a good time, making some money playing professional basketball.

I looked back at an old Strib story to see if I had remembered the details. The family has seven kids; they're war refugees; parents were sending money back to Sudan to support family still there; Mom works at one of the meat packing plants in Austin sometimes on the night shift. You could argue that he would be much better off getting his college degree, but I'd guess coming from that background, Both has a dream of getting the really big money so he can help his family. Unrealistic, but not going to make fun of him. Hope he can somehow parlay his basketball into getting enough money to help his family if that's the motivation.

I think it's a lot less nefarious than that. Gach likely has a chance to make some money playing basketball in Europe and he would like to get that started. He's 23 years old, he's been in college 4 years, he won't improve his stock and his window of making money in Europe is shrinking every year.

He's going to have a good time, making some money playing professional basketball.
That makes sense, too. In any case, hope it works out for him wherever he ends up.

I've come across some of the African Basketball League on one of the ESPN channels. That might be a destination for him. I know that the teams have roster spots for native-Africans....I don't know if Both would qualify for one of those spots. Good luck to him!!! I appreciate him coming back to the U and trying to turn things around.

Pretty sure Dusty Rychart retired a year or two ago, but remains in business in Australia as he married an Australian gal.

Top Bottom