Bostick

jovs

Reaction score
Didn't play alot last night, but when he did, ball movement was the best I have seen this year.

Bostick can flat out play. 10 FTA in 10 minutes of play!! That is no accident - the kid can create his own shot - a skill sorely lacking on the squad.

I hope Tubby see it and gets him up to 20+ min/game ASAP.

It helped that we were playing Morgan State. He spent a lot of his time in the paint posting up and I don't see that working out quite as well against B10 teams.

North Country- one thing we have seen is that we don't have much for post up players. Sampson and Iverson are work in progress material and they are not natural scorers. The other issue is that they don't pass well out of the post. I really like the idea of Bostick coming in and posting up to create and inside - outside look. This is what Royce White could have done for us..........

I'm not so sure that it can't work in the Big Ten- Lots of 6'5 - 6'6" guys post up in the Big Ten - Wisconisn has done this for years with guys like Alando Tucker. I'm not saying Bostick is that guy but I like that they tried the look and I hope we see more of it. If this team can find ways to score then this team can win big because the defense is fine.

Here's the rest of his line: (in 10 minutes!)
9 points
5 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
2 blocks
0 turnovers

I did not see him get lost on defense- which is nice.

Good report, Beej. Thanks for the line on Devron. What I liked best was 0 turnovers.

DJ has been really effective from the post, mainly because his J is lightyears better this year. He's hitting that 10 footer really consistently which means he can turn and take guys off the bounce and with his length he can get his shot off against bigger guys

>>Thanks for the line on Devron.<<

By his 4th year under Tubby, Bostick should develop into a Big Ten star.

By his 4th year under Tubby, Bostick should develop into a Big Ten star.

2867253326_792146d6e7.jpg

You know Bostick is a senior, right?

Speaking of Lines

Here's the line that caught my attention:

Team 1st 2nd Final
Morgan State 21 43 64
Minnesota 43 51 94

Morgan State scored as many points in the second half as the Gophers in the 1st. Gophers only outscored them by 8 points in the 2nd. Defense and most likely, rebounding was obviously a problem in the second half.

Best thing about last night's game is that Gophers won by 30 points against a team they should
have beaten by at least 30 points. Good win.

North Country- one thing we have seen is that we don't have much for post up players. Sampson and Iverson are work in progress material and they are not natural scorers. The other issue is that they don't pass well out of the post. I really like the idea of Bostick coming in and posting up to create and inside - outside look. This is what Royce White could have done for us..........

I'm not so sure that it can't work in the Big Ten- Lots of 6'5 - 6'6" guys post up in the Big Ten - Wisconisn has done this for years with guys like Alando Tucker. I'm not saying Bostick is that guy but I like that they tried the look and I hope we see more of it. If this team can find ways to score then this team can win big because the defense is fine.

Here's the rest of his line: (in 10 minutes!)
9 points
5 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
2 blocks
0 turnovers

I did not see him get lost on defense- which is nice.

The problem is players like Alando Tucker weren't playing the 4 spot. If Devron was posting up SGs and SFs I would be all for it but I don't see him posting up many PFs when the B10 season rolls around. Hopefully I'm wrong.

M State couldn't handle the pressure or our penetration due to a lack of athleticism. A huge concern, however, was rebounding. Their post guy had 19 against us and continually kicked our guy's butts. Even off free throws we were unable to keep him off the boards. This is scary going into the B10 season.

Top Bottom