Boo the Meteorologist!

CWCWCW

Reaction score
I like when traditions happen on their own. There haven't been too many since the inception of TCF Stadium. I've noticed that when the KSTP weather guy speaks at halftime, more and more people are booing. No matter the score, no matter the weather. Folks just boo.

I don't know why, but I like it.

I like when traditions happen on their own. There haven't been too many since the inception of TCF Stadium. I've noticed that when the KSTP weather guy speaks at halftime, more and more people are booing. No matter the score, no matter the weather. Folks just boo.

I don't know why, but I like it.

You probably like it because:

As a fan sitting in an outdoor stadium, the statistical probability is quite high that one: a) has already checked the forecast / extended forecast prior to the game itself, b) can deduce when it looks like weather is changing and can adjust accordingly, and c) have access to an electronic device with a weather app if unable for categories a or b don't fit.

Having said that, it is essentially a waste of time when that time could be spent with something more enjoyable or exciting.

Personally, I'm to the point where it isn't even worth my time to even acknowledge it by booing. I check scores from other games, etc.

I boo because all that expensive doppler equipment hasn't seemed to improve their forecasting abilities at all. All it had done is enabled them to explain better why they were wrong.:rolleyes:

As pointless as a weather forecast during a football game is (unless it's severe weather on the way, are you going to go change or just leave if it's 5 degrees warmer than you expected when you checked the weather that morning), I would imagine that it does provide you with a small stream of income from the local news station who uses this as advertisement.

To really become a tradition (and a sponsorship that is paid more attention to), it would be great if the forecast always started with a catchphrase such as "It never rains in Tiger/Autzen stadium" and then predicted humorous bouts of foul weather for your rivals in Wisconsin or Iowa.

I would imagine that it does provide you with a small stream of income from the local news station who uses this as advertisement.

I would have imagined selling beer at a football stadium would have provided a small stream of income too.

I boo because Minnesota is bizarrely obsessed with weather. You can go anywhere else in the country, and you don't get the nonsensical coverage you have in the Twin Cities. They are wrong most (most most) of the time, and yet we get 10-15 minutes of coverage on a 35 minute broadcast.

I boo because apparently they can predict the weather 10 years from now, but not 10 minutes.

Interesting take. I've booed because he forecasted poopy or 'meh' weather. I remember one time everyone cheered, but that was because it was a crappy weather day and he forecasted the weather clearing.

I boo because Minnesota is bizarrely obsessed with weather. You can go anywhere else in the country, and you don't get the nonsensical coverage you have in the Twin Cities. They are wrong most (most most) of the time, and yet we get 10-15 minutes of coverage on a 35 minute broadcast..
Well, we do have four whole seasons and quite the extremes between them. But still, I am pretty sure everyone thinks that about their home towns. My in-laws from Houston have been texting my wife about how hot it is down there this summer. Every day.
A few winters ago when the temperature really dropped they told us how the local news in Houston spent a large portion of the evening news to watch the progress of a bucket of water freezing.

Top Bottom