Boise/VA Tech: Arena Bowl

Meh...I like it when they mix it up a bit, and I like it when they go to the throwbacks. I just don't like it when it looks like puke on the field, which I think Oregon State did a little while ago.

Boise State looks pretty decent, but for the most part VT is just shooting themselves in the foot!

My question:

Why does the State University of Boise Freaking Idaho have two running backs better than anybody we've had for, oh, 5 years? Granted, we are in the Big Ten and they are one of the leading educational institutions in central Idaho. But still.

17-0 early! I mean part of that is cause Tech looks awful. But still, looks like a Boise State Ohio State national title game. I'm calling it now.

Maybe VT should at least wear their school colors.

Va Tech uni's are pretty bad, though I'm loving the matte black helmets. Boise's are a little better, love the huge logo on the side of the helmet. The orange on one side, blue on the other looks dumb though.

The heads on ESPN couldn't possibly slurp Boise State any more than they are right now. I can't even listen to it anymore.

Oh, and the uniforms are an abomination. The matte black helmet is decent, but there are no school colors in those uniforms. But at least the VT uni's have the school logo, Boise State's don't even have that.

I totally agree about VT's helmets. The finish on that black looks SHARP! It looks like I'm in the minority, but I actually like VT's duds much better than Boise's.

I heard Virginia Tech had Bozo as an honorary captain tonight.

I like VT's uniforms those are sweet. I think that would be cool as hell if we had an all black similar to that one.

BFBS is not something we want to get into.

Boise's helmets look good, but the rest of the uniforms look awful. That blue pants/socks/shoes combo is hurting my eyes even in HD,

FWIW....I bet the players love it.

I don't like them.

I'd be more OK with VT's if they wore, I agree with CP Gopher, their school colors.

I hate the all black with a little trim.

Makes them look like the death squad....not a college football team.

Boise's I'm ok with...don't like the helmet though of the gray in the jersey.

gopherguy....the Ohio St unis are fine. What is wrong with them...other than the helmet is the wrong color.

GM

BFBS is never good. Boise's are okay, but still not good.

I am just glad this game isn't on the smurf turf at Boise.

I don't like them.

I'd be more OK with VT's if they wore, I agree with CP Gopher, their school colors.

I hate the all black with a little trim.

Makes them look like the death squad....not a college football team.

Boise's I'm ok with...don't like the helmet though of the gray in the jersey.

gopherguy....the Ohio St unis are fine. What is wrong with them...other than the helmet is the wrong color.

GM

One would think OSU would try and look as far away from Rutgers as possible....but maybe i'm wrong.

I hate that the uniforms are starting to look like they are trying to appeal to the video game fan, but I don't think anyone can stem that tide.

On the other hand, I kind of love the flat black helmet. Been thinking about painting one of my Vespas like that to join the "Flat Black Nation".

I see we have a few Uniwatchers on this board with the reference for BFBS. I thought the game looked terrible. Va Tech has some beautiful home uniforms that are based on their throwbacks from last year. Boise didn't look as horrible, except for the sweat stains, grey baseball colored jersey, and lack of orange. There will be several more nike pro combat matchups throughout the season. DOWN WITH THE SWOOSH!

By the end of the game I was digging the new uni's.

I didn't care about the uni's. I just enjoyed a good football game. Now if the game was 6-3 or something I might have gotten caught up in what they were wearing ;)

Top Bottom