Boeheim was Retired By Syracuse

Boeheim ends his career on a 2 game losing streak to instate arch rival, Colgate.

Listening to Boeheim on the Dan Patrick Show yesterday, it did sound like it was a pretty mutual decision and he seems completely at peace with being "retired". He mentioned he knew it was time when throughout the season he was having to work up motivation to go to practices and enduring a 4 game mid-season losing streak.

He explained the awkwardness at the press conference following his last game due to contract details that needed to be worked out with the Chancellor of Syracuse. Those got taken care of in short order. He will be on staff as a consultant and by his own words it sounded like it will be a very light load. It hindsight he wished it had been straightened out beforehand.

I'll buy it.

Yup, like Ope3 said…I listened to the Dan Patrick Show and certainly believed it was Boeheims choice. He was in good spirits with his wife visiting son Buddy with the Pistons.
His favorite place to live is Syracuse. Don’t think he’d feel that way if he got pushed out.

Listening to Boeheim on the Dan Patrick Show yesterday, it did sound like it was a pretty mutual decision and he seems completely at peace with being "retired". He mentioned he knew it was time when throughout the season he was having to work up motivation to go to practices and enduring a 4 game mid-season losing streak.

He explained the awkwardness at the press conference following his last game due to contract details that needed to be worked out with the Chancellor of Syracuse. Those got taken care of in short order. He will be on staff as a consultant and by his own words it sounded like it will be a very light load. It hindsight he wished it had been straightened out beforehand.

I'll buy it.
Yes, but how will he feed his family?🤔

Completely unrelated but it seems so weird that Syracuse has been in the ACC for 10 years.
I was thinking the same thing. With Ewing and John Thompson the third both gone from Georgetown Boeheim was the last connection to the Golden era of the Big East

Last edited:

Top Bottom