Bobby Jackson

calminnfan

Reaction score
The name Bobby Jackson has popped up a few times. Who is he?

You haven't heard of Bobby Jackson, the jazz bass player?

The year before the great team, the Gophers lost in the 2nd round of the NIT by about 20 to Tulane at the Barn. Jackson had a bad foot for most of the year and missed most of the season. That was a very disappointing season that was followed up by the most memorable Gopher season in the last 35 years, if not ever.

The year before the great team, the Gophers lost in the 2nd round of the NIT by about 20 to Tulane at the Barn. Jackson had a bad foot for most of the year and missed most of the season. That was a very disappointing season that was followed up by the most memorable Gopher season in the last 35 years, if not ever.

I remember that. It sounded like there was a current recruit of that name floating around. That is why I asked.

Only the greatest basketball player and my favorite that never played for the Gophers

Only the greatest basketball player and my favorite that never played for the Gophers

Kevin McHale has traded you as a fan to Wisconsin along with two in-house recruiting visits in exchange for some of Bo Ryan's hair gel and 3 used basketballs. Your confirmation of membership to Buckyville should be in your email shortly.

"Bobby Jackson" is also a pseudonym for a 6'8''340 lb Offensive Tackle for the Miami Hurricane football team. This player was a former Cretin-Derham Hall football and basketball standout who has recently been rumored to be leaving Miami.

"Bobby Jackson" is also a pseudonym for a 6'8''340 lb Offensive Tackle for the Miami Hurricane football team. This player was a former Cretin-Derham Hall football and basketball standout who has recently been rumored to be leaving Miami.

I thought Chris Weinke had used all his eligibility? Is he moving back to the panhandle?

SORRY I BROUGHT IT UP. Just seen the name pop up a few times and thought it might be pertaining to a current recruit or college player. I fully remember the Bobby Jackson under Haskins...Honest. Hope he actually did learn something from the tutor...

Am I only the only one who read this thread and thought about the following conversation in the movie The Sandlot.

Smalls: I was gonna put the ball back.
Squints: But it was signed by Babe Ruth!
Smalls: Yeah, you keep telling me that! Who is she?
Ham Porter: WHAT? WHAT?

And before I get ripped I am in no way comparing Babe Ruth to Bobby Jackson;)

Bobby Jackson hit the shot to beat michigan when the Gophers won the Big ten title during the season that didn't happen. He was a shooting guard who took over the point when Eric Harris got hurt. If only we had players that played like him.

Top Bottom