Bobby Jackson at the OSU game

GopherLady

Reaction score
per Marcus's Tweets, here are a few of his tidbits:
GophersNow

Former Gopher Bobby Jackson was in attendance for Sunday's game. He might be retired from the NBA, but he looks like he still could play.

New lineup coming again for Tubby Smitih? Why doesn't he try Justin Cobbs, Devoe Joseph, Blake Hoffarber, Rodney Williams and Ralph Sampson?

Ohio St shooting 63 percent for the game was the highest for an opponent since before the 2003-04 season. Still trying to find exactly when.

Maybe seniors Lawrence Westbrook and Damian Johnson would be better off coming off the bench right now. That would really shake things up.

New lineup coming again for Tubby Smitih? Why doesn't he try Justin Cobbs, Devoe Joseph, Blake Hoffarber, Rodney Williams and Ralph Sampson?

I agree but would switch out Williams for Carter. Despite what people seem to think, he brings an energy and aggressiveness that is sometimes lacking in the rest of his teammates.

Cant really hurt...

Watch that line-up get blown out then everyone will be screaming for LW and DJ to start again though...vicious cycle...

Cant really hurt...

Watch that line-up get blown out then everyone will be screaming for LW and DJ to start again though...vicious cycle...

True. But Tubby wants to play "his guys" and with exception of Hoffarber, those are Tubby recruits.

Something tells me there is something going on behind the scenes that is negatively affecting the non-Tubby recruits on this team. Been on enough teams over the years, and while I have no inside info/concrete knowledge about this team, I do know dissension when I see it.

True. But Tubby wants to play "his guys" and with exception of Hoffarber, those are Tubby recruits.

Something tells me there is something going on behind the scenes that is negatively affecting the non-Tubby recruits on this team. Been on enough teams over the years, and while I have no inside info/concrete knowledge about this team, I do know dissension when I see it.

I really don't think Tubby cares if they're his guys our Monson's guys - to be honest. If that were the case, he'd of benched the Seniors and Juniors a long time ago. I think he's just trying to find the right combination.

I don't know about something going on with the Non-Tubby recruits - there didn't seem to be a problem until this year. Obviously, we know Westbrook has some issues - but Blake, Al and DJ seem like real team players. DJ had a better year last year (but he's still probably our best all around players) and Nolen and Hoff both had better years this year, rebounding from their sophomore slumps. I honestly think all the drama is the behind the scenes stuff that's negatively effecting everyone, not just the non-Tubby recruits.

I don't think that lineup would go so well. As much as I love Rodney, he hasn't exactly done a whole lot since the beginning of the year other than today, and Cobbs just isn't ready to log a ton of minutes yet.

Why do people think that Westbrook and DJ are worse this year? I really don't understand it. I can maybe see people arguing that they haven't improved, but playing worse? I'm lost. The only thing that I can think of is that we didn't lose anyone from last year and we aren't doing as well, and people are putting that on the seniors.

Top Bottom