Bob Huggins could be in big trouble

Haha, there's no fuck like a Catholic fuck...and I say that as a Catholic fuck. :LOL:

Over on the cesspool, you've heard me say that anti-Catholicism might be the last acceptable bigotry...for whatever reason. I don't think Huggins' words rise to that level. It's spirited rivalry for sure, and he'll rightly get his tit in a wringer, but I can't muster up a lot of indignation over this.
Listen to the tape, you have the wrong F word.

Listen to the tape, you have the wrong F word.
Ya, he mis-spelled fans but he was kind of set up by two guys leading the tone of the conversation down a yuck yuck path. Or is he in trouble for saying rubber penises? Strange dang interview.
No doubt Huggins is a cowboy.

I was raised Catholic. I inhaled so much incense as a mass server during Stations of the Cross that I still occasionally burp some out.

I've taken my shots at the Catholic church many times. I believe I earned it.

What Bob Huggins said does not offend me in the least bit. He is and always will be an asswipe in my mind.

I actually don't think people would be surprised at all what coaches say behind closed doors.
I'm more surprised at people's reactions to what coaches say behind closed doors.

You'd think they never heard this song...

Lol, I've done cocaine before and I've never talked about 'catholic f**s' before lol they must cut it with something in Morgantown
The MSM says fentanyl from Mexican drug cartels.

I actually don't think people would be surprised at all what coaches say behind closed doors.
People didn't believe the stories about Jerry Sandusky, so you may be JoePa Wrong

What was the actual context of what was said?

I assume he had to be recalling some quote that someone was saying, from like the 1990s.

What was the actual context of what was said?

I assume he had to be recalling some quote that someone was saying, from like the 1990s.
While I am a big supporter of making sure things don't get taken out of context in this case I don't know that it really matters. Huggins knows he messed up and to his credit he isn't hiding from it or issuing some BS fake apology.

Kinda surprised the station didn’t dump this as he said it. Not sure on FCC use of that word. Plenty of dumps on radio. Maybe I’m overthinking it?

In my personal book, the following two are light years apart in intention and it's BS to treat them the same:

- referring to the 2023 Xavier team, with regards to their rivalry with Cincy: "can't stand them, can't stand people who go to that school, bunch of _____ if you ask me"

- referring to a quote by a former Xavier coach during the 1998 rivalry game between Xavier and Cincinnati "you guys need to pick it up and stop playing like a bunch of ____!!"

Highly suspect it was something like the latter.

He's not going to get cancelled. Let some small band of students at Xavier and/or WV bitch and moan. It will blow over, and we'll move on.
Easy solution, listen to the audio clip that is posted (it is less than 2 min long). He wasn't quoting anyone, and he said it twice.

I don't know what will end up happening to Huggins but in 2023 he absolutely could get cancelled for something like this.

Easy solution, listen to the audio clip that is posted (it is less than 2 min long). He wasn't quoting anyone, and he said it twice.

I don't know what will end up happening to Huggins but in 2023 he absolutely could get cancelled for something like this.
I didn't feel like listening to it, and probably won't. If you're saying it's closer to the top ... then good lord what was he thinking?

If so, then I retract what I said previously. Good grief man

EDIT: post deleted, I was completely and totally wrong. My apologies

EDIT: it's right in the SI article linked in the OP.

Huggins: “Any school that can throw rubber penises on the floor and then say they didn’t do it, by god they can get away with anything.”

Cunningham: “I think it was transgender night wasn’t it?”

Huggins: “It was a Crosstown Shootout, yeah, no, what it was, was all those f***, those Catholic f***, I think.”

Cunningham: “All right.”

Huggins: “They were envious they didn’t have one.

By cancelled, you mean facing consequences for his actions, correct?

Top Bottom