Boarders are Officially Closed!

alchemy2u

Reaction score
It is nice to see that only one Minnesota kid signed with Wisconsin and none with Iowa!

In fact no Minnesota kids signed with any other B10 schools.

Until next year...where we figure to lose at least 2 of the top 5 prospects in the state in Webb and the QB from Mankato right off the bat.

Is Wisconsin going to really use their one QB offer to Nelson? If so Molberg is available as most teams won't bring in two QB's in the same class. Webb has talked about going out of state to play but time will tell.

We got the number one kid this year and if we get 3 out of the top 5 in next years deep class, I'll take it.

You are an embarrassment to this board.

The scholarship covers not just tuition, but room and board, right? So they will be boarders.

Closing the boarders just became more challenging.

Jonah Pirsig landed an offer from Ohio State and Isaac Hayes from Virginia Tech yesterday.

I heard that Boarders was having some financial problems, but i did not know they would close this fast :)

It is nice to see that only one Minnesota kid signed with Wisconsin and none with Iowa!

In fact no Minnesota kids signed with any other B10 schools.

I heard a lot of comments yesterday about how down the midwest was this year for recruits and I think it showed across the Big Ten. I think MN was down as well a little. This might have played a role more than anything.

Kill agreed that is was a down year with his interview on KFAN. Things go in cycles. Kill has his work cut out for him in MN for 2012. Lots of talent and the vultures are coming in already.

This year there was not a nationally know recruit like Seantrel, Flyod, ect., ect.. Every time there is, they go somewhere else. We thought Brewster was going to get those guys, but it didn't happen. He was just like Mase in that those recruits would go somewhere else.

This year there was not a nationally know recruit like Seantrel, Flyod, ect., ect.. Every time there is, they go somewhere else. We thought Brewster was going to get those guys, but it didn't happen. He was just like Mase in that those recruits would go somewhere else.

Excellent post. I will consider the "boarders" closed when the U gets instate recruits of that level to play for the Gophers.

It seems like a time honored tradition at Minnesota that our Nationally know recruits go somewhere else. I'm sure that this isn't correct but it seems like Darrel Thompson was the last big time Minnesota recruit to come here. I can't remember the last time a really big time Minnesota recruit decided to come to Minnesota. If coach Kill can land those guys than that will be impressive. Coach Kill seems like a guy who can do more with less compared to most coaches. Even if he doesn't land those recruits I still think his teams could be pretty good, but it would help significantly if coach Kill could land those top Minnesota kids.

Thomas Tapeh and Dominique Sims were 2 national recruits that decided to stay home.

Thomas Tapeh and Dominique Sims were 2 national recruits that decided to stay home.

You could throw in a guy like Hageman too who had offers from many top midwest programs along with Florida and Oklahoma. I know he wasn't as big of a name coming out of high school as say Henderson or Floyd but he did have some very good offers.

Official Member of the "Boarders" club

Did I ever tell y'all that I relearned how to spell 'borders' correctly here on GH, of course with the help of a few 'friends'.

Keep up the good work, boyz.

I hope I gave you all a few laughs with my brain fart.

The main point was that we are not losing recruits to Wisconsin and Iowa.

It seems like a time honored tradition at Minnesota that our Nationally know recruits go somewhere else.

I suppose it depends on how you define "nationally known." We've had a handful of 4* players from Minnesota over the years, but no 5* that I know of. I think, however, that 5* Minnesota kids are fairly rare. Larry Fitzgerald, Seantrel Henderson and Michael Floyd come to mind and those kind of guys come around once every two or three years. I agree that it would be awesome if we could keep at least a fraction of these at the U.

I suppose it depends on how you define "nationally known." We've had a handful of 4* players from Minnesota over the years, but no 5* that I know of. I think, however, that 5* Minnesota kids are fairly rare. Larry Fitzgerald, Seantrel Henderson and Michael Floyd come to mind and those kind of guys come around once every two or three years. I agree that it would be awesome if we could keep at least a fraction of these at the U.

...and with the guys you mention, who are really the only 'big' recruits I think of when someone brings this topic up, the only one that really bothered me was Seantrel. With the offense this team was running at the time, I can't really blame Fitzgerald or even to a lesser extent Floyd for going elsewhere, and I think convincing either one to stay home would have been an obvious case of getting a kid to do something that probably wasn't in his best interest as a football player.

Why is an immigration issue on the football board.

Why is an immigration issue on the football board.

I think it is a swerve to avoid "Borders are Officially Closed!" Which might mean an enthusiasm over a bookstore/entertaiment store chain closing. :D

If you ask me...

I'm ready to shut down our facilities to skaters as well as boarders

I HEARD THERE WAS A TYPO IN THIS THREAD

goldystrike.gif

with the boarders closed we will loose way less!

Top Bottom