Bo Pellini

Reaction score
Bo has some rage issues.
Is anyone else catching his act on the sidelines.
Sure he is winning now, and I'd love their record. But would anyone be surprised if he had a stroke?

winning now and loving their record? There's nothing to show this team will slow down in the near future. Bo is a great coach who understands that his team hasn't won anything yet. They are preparing for the stretch and realize they need to be perfect to have success. He plugs guys into his D, develops them, and wins game.

Pelini is one of the better football minds in the country. His resume speaks for itself.

But he's something else on the sidelines. It didn't cost him tonight, but the unsportsmanlike penalty (and it takes a coach a whole helluva lot of bad behavior to manage one of those) kind of shows what you have to tolerate with Pelini. My guess is he'll pop a big-time cork at least once a season.

I think Pelini is going to do very well at Nebraska. He's a great recruiter, a great defensive coach, a great motivator, and Dr. Tom is in the AD's chair to protect him. Great situation for all involved.

Pelini is one of the better football minds in the country. His resume speaks for itself.

But he's something else on the sidelines. It didn't cost him tonight, but the unsportsmanlike penalty (and it takes a coach a whole helluva lot of bad behavior to manage one of those) kind of shows what you have to tolerate with Pelini. My guess is he'll pop a big-time cork at least once a season.

I think Pelini is going to do very well at Nebraska. He's a great recruiter, a great defensive coach, a great motivator, and Dr. Tom is in the AD's chair to protect him. Great situation for all involved.
I don't think I've ever seen him that PO'ed, and that's saying a lot.

Then again, it took an awful night of officiating to push him over the edge. I know it pushed me to my limit.

You should have been at the Gophers Vs Penn State this year!!
Ha...I actually was there, and yeah, that was pretty bad, too.

But tonight just made me sick. I never, ever blame losses on officials. Well, that changed tonight. Can't wait to get over to the Big 10.

Then again, it took an awful night of officiating to push him over the edge. I know it pushed me to my limit.

That was atrocious officiating Husker....and, yes, I was cheering for NEB because of that $10 I had on the game. lol Nonetheless, it was pretty brutal. The personal foul on hitting the QB to set up the winning FG was the cherry on the top. Yikes.

The atmosphere down in College Station is probably not too conducive to receiving a break of any kind from the Big 12 Officials when the home town team has a five game winning streak going and Nebraska is headed for the Big Ten next season. From what I could see, it looked like they decided to show Nebraska's coach that Big Twelve Refs don't take too kindly to a coach complaining about their "offical calls." Especially a coach who will be coaching in a different conference starting next season.

The only thing I didn't quite understand is why not go with a different qb since the injury appeared to take away mobility and passing ability? Or, is Nebraska another program that doesn't have a back up qb who is ready to go?

It was pretty painful to watch him play. Almost as painful as the one-sidedness of the refs calls during the course of this game. It looked pretty fishy and pretty shakey to this casual observer. I think Nebraska got railroaded down in College Station, Texas. I suppose that's not the first time something like that has ever happened down there at "the station" though. (Their game day environment really is pretty incredible...)

Good luck on Friday!

The atmosphere down in College Station is probably not too conducive to receiving a break of any kind from the Big 12 Officials when the home town team has a five game winning streak going and Nebraska is headed for the Big Ten next season. From what I could see, it looked like they decided to show Nebraska's coach that Big Twelve Refs don't take too kindly to a coach complaining about their "offical calls." Especially a coach who will be coaching in a different conference starting next season.The only thing I didn't quite understand is why not go with a different qb since the injury appeared to take away mobility and passing ability? Or, is Nebraska another program that doesn't have a back up qb who is ready to go?

It was pretty painful to watch him play. Almost as painful as the one-sidedness of the refs calls during the course of this game. It looked pretty fishy and pretty shakey to this casual observer. I think Nebraska got railroaded down in College Station, Texas. I suppose that's not the first time something like that has ever happened down there at "the station" though. (Their game day environment really is pretty incredible...)

Good luck on Friday!

Are you suggesting biased officiating? Surely that would not happen in college sports.

There was a game I watched a couple of years ago when Pelini was almost ready to launch, but he wasn't all over the refs in that game the way he was last night. I think Dr. Tom had a sit-down with him after that game and he's been more reserved (if the term "reserved" can ever be used in conjunction with Pelini) since.

I only saw the second half and I agree that the roughing the passer was a terrible call. I thought the refs did get the interference against the Nebraska corner correctly and the call against the A&M corner could have gone either way, but it's always surprising when refs pick up flags.

Pelini's defensive back play reminds me a lot of how basketball coaches with aggressive defenses approach the game. I can remember watching a lot of Dick Bennett teams going back to his time at Wisconsin-Green Bay when his guards were very physical. They'd get a few early fouls, but over time, the ref would either get tired of blowing his whistle or take an attitude of "let them play."

I really like Pelini, but I don't think he would have worked here in Minnesota. It's my opinion that he needs a strong "football" AD like Osborne, at least at this point in his career, to run some interference for him on the PR side of the job.

Last night was the third time I have seen Pelini get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. I have never seen one on other coach (though I know it happens). I, too, think he is a very good coach, but I am afraid one of these years he is going to punch a ref and be done.

I think if he had been hired here he would have left for the Nebraska job after his first year.

The late hit last night was a very poor call. And the flag pick-up was terrible. I don't necessarily think that it was a penalty, but if they call the earlier pass interference against Nebraska (when it should have been a no-call or possibly even an offensive interference), then they have to call that one.

I think the call on the Nebraska DB wouldn't have been called if he had looked back for the ball. I thought it was the right call because he prevented the A&M receiver from getting back to the ball.

Looks like some important people took note of his behavior. Link

Unhinged was a good adjective used in the article. My original post was at halftime, before the penalties.
Great coach, unusual sideline demeanor.

The riding the officials is one thing. He was well around the bend on that count, but I thought his treatment of Martinez was even worse. Bo's got that finger in the chest thing going on big-time. That might be appropriate at practice, but I don't see how it helps anything during the game, especially when the kid you're poking in the chest is gutting it out.

I started watching the Nebraska-A&M game last night rooting for Nebraska because they are soon to be members of the Big Ten and I would love to see them win the Big 12 on their way out. After watching Pelini's antics on the sideline, I ended up being switching sides in the middle of the game and pulling for A&M. Pelini's behavior was embarrassing, IMO (even though I feel he had a point a couple of times in disagreements with the officiating). The verbal beat-down of Martinez in the first half was just bizarre.

There's a rumor circulating that Taylor Martinez has quit the team.

I read that on one of the Husker boards. Someone has to keep these kids away from their phones.

At least he didn't tweet it.

I thought Bo was a little out of hand Saturday night. I also thought Nebraska was being screwed a bit with the calls. Good coaches can use "blow ups" to work the officials, make a statement for their players, etc. But, when they spend the better part of a football game looking like crazed lunatics... it starts looking more like uncontrollable rage and less like a coach making a point. He came across like he was mad at the world and perhaps approaching a Woody-like fist/throat moment. Not exactly a recruit inspiration. I also see Nebraska officials are going to sit him down for a little talk regarding his anger management issues.

It's hard to win when the officials are against you.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Getting upset at calls does nothing for your team. Players just get more reckless (not inspired) and do additional stupid things.

Be a man, Bo, and act like one.

The Big XII is going to do everything in its power to make sure Nebraska doesn't win the Big XII championship. The narrative they are trying to sell is that Nebraska and Colorado no longer pose any risk of being major college football powers, and that the league is actually more competitive without them. It's a tough sell already, but it becomes impossible if Nebraska wins the Big XII championship on their way out the door.

Top Bottom