Bo Calls the National Sports Press "stupid" During Press Conference

UofMdad

Reaction score
On Tru TV before the Wis. vs Mississippi game, Ryan when asked about Wisconsin's style of play as plodding or boring, compared to up tempo play. Ryan says
"You guys must think people are fools. Really, if you look around, the intelligent people know what's going on. There are a lot of different reasons the scores are the way they are, but you have to be intelligent to figure it."
Bo must be tired of hearing about Becky's style of play, but insists he never hears about it, unless the press brings it up. Funny Stuff.

Other than the skunk fans NOBODY wants to see Wisconsin win in anything, even baseball. Oops, skunks don't have America's past time.

Good job Bo telling off the moronic press corps when they as you a stupid worthless question

Good job Bo telling off the moronic press corps when they as you a stupid worthless question

Yep. Really dumb question. The answer seemed a bit more bitter than it needed to be, but I'd be upset, as well. The system has proven quite successful an I, for one, don't find it ugly at all- since ugly implies that it's not by design. There is a reason that Wisconsin games have a certain style, just like most good teams do. I'm not a Badger fan at all, but I respect their game as one that has proven successful time and time again.

Yep. Really dumb question. The answer seemed a bit more bitter than it needed to be, but I'd be upset, as well. The system has proven quite successful an I, for one, don't find it ugly at all- since ugly implies that it's not by design. There is a reason that Wisconsin games have a certain style, just like most good teams do. I'm not a Badger fan at all, but I respect their game as one that has proven successful time and time again.

It was a dumb question and Bo Ryan doesn't have anything to apologize for, but simply because it's by design doesn't mean that it's not ugly. There are tons of game plans throughout all of sports that are intended to muck up the game. Wisconsin's basketball is ugly, by design. It's like a boxer who grabs and holds. A baseball team that steps out of the batter's box between every pitch, a hockey team that just dumps the puck and gets back into their nuetral zone trap. It's ugly and slow. . .by design.

On a different note, I'm curious as to what the actual question was. I think Bo Ryan's system worked against them for a bit in this game. It seemed like a game the Badgers should have had a larger lead and they simply couldn't get into any offensive rhythm. If the question was simply asking Bo Ryan if his style is boring, yep, it's a dumb question. If the question was more based on "does your style ever work against you in keeping your own team out of an offensive rhythm?". That's not a dumb question.

It was a dumb question and Bo Ryan doesn't have anything to apologize for, but simply because it's by design doesn't mean that it's not ugly. There are tons of game plans throughout all of sports that are intended to muck up the game. Wisconsin's basketball is ugly, by design. It's like a boxer who grabs and holds. A baseball team that steps out of the batter's box between every pitch, a hockey team that just dumps the puck and gets back into their nuetral zone trap. It's ugly and slow. . .by design.

On a different note, I'm curious as to what the actual question was. I think Bo Ryan's system worked against them for a bit in this game. It seemed like a game the Badgers should have had a larger lead and they simply couldn't get into any offensive rhythm. If the question was simply asking Bo Ryan if his style is boring, yep, it's a dumb question. If the question was more based on "does your style ever work against you in keeping your own team out of an offensive rhythm?". That's not a dumb question.

Anytime you have officials not of the B1G it's going to be to Bo's disadvantage. His hack-a-thon defense is going to get whistled unless you're looking at it all the time. I just think B1G refs get tired of blowing the whistle.

Okay, instead of ugly, let's go with "not fun to watch". I don't think I'd like it even if it were my team. But hey, some people like 1-0 hockey games too...

Top Bottom