Blue Bloods Down

TNGophfan

Reaction score
Question for those more knowledgeable than I. Kentucky, Duke, MSU, Kansas and North Carolina are all down to some degree this year. Some more than others (looking at you Calipari).

Question is, why so many this year. Is Covid a reason? If so, why? Natural cycle of things? Just an odd coincidence? Recruiting down?

I don't know. Just curious what others think.

Question for those more knowledgeable than I. Kentucky, Duke, MSU, Kansas and North Carolina are all down to some degree this year. Some more than others (looking at you Calipari).

Question is, why so many this year. Is Covid a reason? If so, why? Natural cycle of things? Just an odd coincidence? Recruiting down?

I think it is good, that's what I think.

I look at the rosters of all 5 of those teams, and I think it’s simply they don’t have the talent they usually have. Duke and Kentucky, especially, may have to adapt to the “new” college basketball, “free agency”. One and done isn’t the way to go anymore when you can pluck veteran players from other rosters.

Corona is just an excuse (crutch) for those that want to use it. Every team in the country is dealing with it.

I mean the 5 teams you mentioned grabbed 10 5* and 11 4* recruits in the 2020 class. Something is off if they can't win with that talent.

I think it relates to the pandemic for UNC, Kentucky, Duke and Kansas. Their usual preparation for meshing the 1 and doners together was disrupted and it doesn't seem like something they are able to overcome during the season.

I don't know what happened to MSU. Unexplainable, that is.

Just shows what happens when you just throw out the ball to a bunch of guys who are stars in AAU when you aren't able to coach them effectively into a cohesive team when they face teams bought into team defense.

You'll probably see it again today around 4PM.

I couldn't be happier with this turn of events.

The tourney ratings will be huge this year without some of these teams. The ones that do get in, will likely be out early.

Most of these should be under stiff NCAA penalties, but aren't.

I don't think that missing Blue Bloods will translate into bigger TV ratings.

First off, pandemic viewership for all sports is down significantly. In addition to their own large fan followings (and those that pick them in their Brackets automatically), they also bring a substantial amount of eyeballs hoping those teams lose.

Gophers are about on par, if we’re going way down the blue blood list to the faintest blue you’ve ever seen.

Top Bottom