Block G

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Never gone before but I'll be late(r) arriving for Thursday's pregame activities, and see that there will be a polka band starting at 6pm at Block G. Being a red-blooded upper midwesterner, I love me a good polka band.

Those of you that head there before the game, how are the food options? Are there adult beverage options available? Getting to stadium village after 6pm I might want to skip the lines at the bar and grab a bit and a drink or two right next to the stadium instead.

Never gone before but I'll be late(r) arriving for Thursday's pregame activities, and see that there will be a polka band starting at 6pm at Block G. Being a red-blooded upper midwesterner, I love me a good polka band.

Those of you that head there before the game, how are the food options? Are there adult beverage options available? Getting to stadium village after 6pm I might want to skip the lines at the bar and grab a bit and a drink or two right next to the stadium instead.

Where is block G?

Has Block G always been a thing or is this new??

Block G is Gopher Sports' official pre-game fan-fest area, located on Oak Street, between TCF Bank Stadium and Mariucci Arena. Block G will occur 3 hours before each home game, and will host many different entertainment options for kids, students, and adults alike. Activities include:

Gopher Football's Victory Walk (2.5 hours before the game)
KFAN's Pre-game Radio Show (2 hours before the game)
The Pride of Minnesota Band Show (80 minutes before the game)
Autographs from different Gopher teams
Food Vendors and Food Trucks
Interactive inflatables
Gopher Bean-bag Toss
Face Painting
Music
Entertainers
and much, much more!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/block-g.html

I wonder what the TCU fans will think of this. Ha! Can't go wrong with polka.

Top Bottom